View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 14th, 2017, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tharmiones View Post
I think I have found a Bug in the Conferred Ability Adjustment for the Magus: Spell Combat or I'm understanding it's usage wrong.

I do have a Level 5 Magus:

By default the Penalty the is chosen ist 0, so 0 bonus is added to the Concentration check. However also 0 Penalty is taken at the Weapons Attack Value. This should be -2 already.
Actually it should be 0. HL is already providing a -2 when you equip your one-handed weapon in the primary hand and "Touch Attack" or "Ranged Touch Attack" weapon as the off-hand.

Here is a image with a level 1 magus with 10 Str:
Magus1.jpg
As can be seen the -2 to Hit is already taken into account correctly by HL.

In addition there is a "Touch Attack, Damage" adjustment that lets you set the damage value instead of "As Spell". Which I just tried and its not working correctly. So I will fix that also.

Quote:
If I select -2 as a penalty the Weapon Attack Value gets also -2 but also a +2 Bonus is applied to Concentration Checks, which shouldn't be the case.
When you entered -2 you are saying I am taking an additional penalty to hit (on top of the normal TWF rules) to get a Plus bonus to concentration. So this is correct.

Quote:
I think the penalty to Attack should always be the chosen value -2, because I can't find any indication in the rules that the initial penalty for Spell Combat is already added to the Concentration Check as a bonus.
I will try and update the wording/note to make this more 'clear' on how the adjustment is meant to work. That is my bad for being in a hurry. Sorry!

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; January 14th, 2017 at 12:50 PM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #931 Reply With Quote