View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 22nd, 2018, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahltwo View Post
1a) how do i determine how many bombs (doesn’t matter what kind) i can make at beginning of each day (can’t quite figure it out: it seems i can make 1/2 normal maximum batch, which is 2, per resonance point, which my current stats give me 5 rp; so i can make 10 max per day?), and
You make 2 alchemy items per point of resonance you spend during daily prep. These are made with no crafting time and do not require a craft check. The downside is you have to spend resonance which you also need for drinking or using magic items.

You can also use QUICK ALCHEMY to make a single alchemy item as a single action during combat but the item only lasts for 1 round.

Quote:
1b) how do i add number of bombs (as like a ticker to keep track of usage) in hlo?
Alchemist does not get any special class feature like PF1 bombs. This means you craft alchemist items each morning or buy them. So you add all your bombs on the weapons tab. The only difference is you check the "Crafted By This Character" flag if you crafted it instead of buying it.

If the whole party buys items for you at level 1 you can start with 50 bombs! But each bomb is L or more bulk so it adds up fast.

If you have a bomb equipped HLO appears to not be stacking them. But you can click into alchmist fire and at the very bottom say "Stack with". Then on the play tab you have a Counter you can check off as you use them. But keep in mind the weight will not be removed unless you actually remove the bomb.

Quote:
2a) when adding the max number of formulas at level 1, which is 8, i see i can add for free “formula, 1st level” in gear. but they’re generic... does this mean i have to rename them to the kind of formula i chose, e.g. alchemist’s fire?
You add the formula book on the Gear tab and it has a note section. You can type in the different number of formula's you know. In the future this will be expanded maybe like a spellbook but a formula book holds information for ALL kinds of crafting (blacksmithing, magic, alchemy).

Quote:
2b) how do i add said formulas into my formula book?
As above you type them in.

Quote:
3a) now that i have the formula, what do i do: add the actual alchemical item, again e.g., alchemist’s fire, to be able to use them mechanically, i.e for atk and damage? because the formula itself doesn’t have those mechanics.
In example you add the Alchemist Fire item as a Weapon because well it is one.

Quote:
3b) when i add the 8 different alchemical items i chose to my equipment, then equip one of them (without anything else in my hands — just 1 bomb), i get the “hand holding equipment” validation error saying i’m over equipped?
I can't duplicate this issue. Are you sure you do not have other gear equipped like shield, dagger or other items in your hands?

Also you don't really need to equip the bomb to have its correct values displayed. Unless a specific feat or ability requires a specific weapon I never equip them in HL.

Quote:
4) i reported this error, but wanna make sure it’s not user error: anyone else getting an error message for damage roll for alchemist’s fire “1d81d1 is not valid etc”? it’s like the die damage coding is wrong or something?
I see it adding persistent and splash damage to the final damage which is wrong. So for now you will have to -2 to the final damage. But at least you have a note for how much splash and persistent damage is suppose to happen.

Quote:
5) not really a hlo thing, this one: but with 10 str, you’re encumbered with 5 bulk? alchemist has to have 1) formula book and 2) alchemist tool, along with leather armor, dagger, and a satchel (not a heavier backpack) — the lightest and most basic stuff, and i’m at 5 bulk! lol
Yep you need to have a Str score for the Alchemist or don't wear armor or something else. This is I think the intent (badly) to prevent Wizards and Sorcerer from wearing armor but currently every sorcerer/wizard I have seen is walking in with Scale Mail.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote