View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 27th, 2016, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazarX View Post
Herolab needs to do a better job in error reporting. The app should be able to tell us what files are generating errors like these and if two files are in conflict, it should name them.
Well it actually does "exactly" this. Its just that most people read the messages as being very cryptic. In that way they are as useful as old IBM messages like "Syntax Error 123".

But the messages to me are very detailed which is why I can help people with issues. Also why I am always asking for people to copy/paste the messages into a thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazarX View Post
But then again, if they weren't frequenting the boards, they wouldn't be having either your packages or Raven's installed, anyway.
Not actually true. Many groups have only "one" person could be the DM or more tech savy member that tells people about the Packs. So word of mouth spreads the information. Others have read the LW newsletter that has multiple time mentioned the community downloads for d20, Pathfinder and now 5e. Plus many posts from Paizo forums have told people about the community download forum post.

So many do the setup once and don't remember even "how" to do it again and expect to be notified by HL about new updates.

At least that is my experience based on emails, PMs and posts I have read over the years. Combined with my servers logs that show "how" many downloads are happening per month....

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #12 Reply With Quote