View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 7th, 2017, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awenydd83 View Post
Hello.. complete newbie here to hero labs. I have read a few of the threads on the rogue talents, but have not been able to initiate the community pack that the links referred me to.
The first page of this thread has the setup instructions for the Community Pack. Please follow the pdf as it has step by step instructions.

Quote:
Can someone walk me through the process of turning the unchained rogue talents on please?
Purchase from Lone Wolf "Pathfinder Unchained" book license. Once purchased go to "License->Reactivate License" to let your instance of HL talk to the license server. Then on the Configure Your Hero window turn on Unchained Classes.

Quote:
Also, random question that I am sure is probably answered somewhere... but since the rogue talents are an integral part of the unchained rogue, why can't this be added in under class skills or something instead of being a completely separately thing you have to work through to get it running?
Talents are added on the "Unchained Rogue" tab once you add the class. NOTHING from Pathfinder Unchained or any "official" book requires the community Pack. The community stuff is an ADDITIONAL addon to add features not provided by Lone Wolf or Paizo.

You DO NOT get official books or features from the community. You purchase them from Lone Wolf directly. The community pack has several 3PP books that have been implemented and comes with many adjustments and features allowing the ability to implement houserules.

The only Unchained Rogue stuff in the community pack is the community created "expanded" archetype. This archetype allows the Unchained Rogue access to all rogue talents which some groups want. By the paizo rules the unchained rogue can not access talents outside the ones listed in the Pathfinder Unchained book.

Hopefully this clears things up.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1024 Reply With Quote