View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 28th, 2017, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monteparnas View Post
How do I use the Extend? I looked into it, and just found three spaces to add tags. What tags should go where?
Lets say I want to give a "allowed" language of Abyssal to the core Elf race. Well you can't normally change the tags of existing races but the Extend tag lets you do exactly this.

If I go to the editor "Race->Race" tab I can do "New (Copy)" to find the elf and I need to record its Thing ID (rElf). You don't actually need to select the Elf race we just wanted its Thing ID.

Now do a "new (blank)" on the "Race->Race" tab and look for the "Languages Allowed". Click the edit button and select Abyssal. Now you see in the TOP right corner the blue button "Tags" has 3 tags. Take a look at them and you see one is Group ID "Language" and Tag ID "lAbyssal". Write these down and go ahead and delete this new race. We just wanted to find the group/tag.

Go to editor tab "General->*Extend Thing" and press "New (Blank)". You can now enter "three" values.

Thing Unique ID - is the rElf race id you recorded above.
Group ID - is the "Language" value you recorded above.
Tag ID - is the "lAbyssal" value you recorded above.

Do a test now and after HL restarts you will see that "Elf" now has an allowed language of Abyssal.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; March 1st, 2017 at 09:01 AM. Reason: confused between right/left. =(
ShadowChemosh is offline   #717 Reply With Quote