View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 9th, 2013, 11:58 AM
**Lead off with these of course all my opinion and just another take on how groups use HL***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
1. Changing weapons is difficult and slow. A quick select would be great. I don't think it is necessary to have multiple weapons equipped at the same time, so selecting a weapon could auto deselect another weapon.
I agree with everything but this one as I want the exact opposite. Please just show ALL weapons on the list all the time. Its common for my group to carry multiple weapons which get used in combat and unless your TWF their is no reason to actually need to swap them.

For example:
Longsword.....
Heavy, Mace....
Greatsword...

Would all display the correct values without needing to be equipped. So now I would have to actually spend the time equipping the weapons which is takes time instead of just using them.

Worse for my monk player who currently has 9+ different weapons and like to flurry with different ones at different times. Now you equip more than one weapon and get the wrong values as HL thinks your TWF with them. (Note: if you equip both in the "Main" hand it seems ok other than showing a red warning message). Also none of the "Flurry of Blow" info shows in the front screen. But at least you can go to the "change" screen and see all the values.

Another note playing around for monks is that you have to actually "equip" "Unarmed Strike" to make it display on the main page. Again not something that can't be worked around but another of "show" all weapons on the main page would fix this.

Last note about weapons is that I currently have higher level Mythic characters and this means big magical weapons. The text for weapons is not shrinking itself and its becoming unreadable in places:
Image2.jpg

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote