View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 7th, 2017, 04:09 PM
Not sure its helpful. But when I implemented the Ship Building rules from FGG Fire as She Bears rule set I made the sailing ship a race. This made allot of sense because in those rules the ship has CMB, CMD, Str and Dex values including AC and weight capacity. So by being a race I was able to make use of those existing areas.

Then I used the "Gear" tab to place specific hull types, upgrades, cabins, crew values. Then the weapons where easily able to go on to the Weapon tab as they had many of the same values as any other type of weapon. The only difference was the number of dice (ie 4d6 or 8d6).

Then for special values like Maneuverability or speed I had racial ability that calculated the values. This allowed the info to get to printed sheets or be referenced from inside of HL. Then each ship and different 'hull' sections with individual HP. I made those custom abilities for the race to be added as it could be 1 to many. Then each of those had a In-Play tracker with 150HP so they could be tracked/damaged individually.

If it helps this is all in the Community Pack. Or feel free to look at the file on GitHub.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote