View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 25th, 2018, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
So that's telling me the abilities available to the Warlock already exist in Pathfinder's core rules.
I disagree 100%. These are special Warlock abilities that have nothing in common with Magic Shools other than sharing a name. So when I increase the DC of a School of Magic it affects these powers? If I increase the caster level of a school of magic it affects these powers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
You asked me earlier why I would have to duplicate things to create them as custom abilities. My answer to that question is so I don't have to rebuild them from scratch. These abilities are already defined within Hero Lab. Any required scripting logic is already there. Any required tags are already there. By duplicating them, I don't have to redo all that work. I only have to define how the Warlock acquires the abilities. Everything else is already done.
So HL already has the ability Arcane Grip listed on pg36 of the PDF?

Arcane Grip (Su): Any door, window, chest, or other opening with a lid that you touch remains locked as per the arcane lock spell. You must continue to touch the object in order for this effect to remain in place. Anything that can open an arcane lock can also foil this ability.

I don't see this ability in HL anywhere? This Arcane Grip ability from the Abjuration Eldritch Heritage has to be added/coded into HL. It has to be added as its own unique Thing so that a gamer can choose it. I don't see how this ability has anything to do with the Schools of Magic in HL. Its possible I missed something in the PDF as I am reading quick. But to me each ability is added new.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #14 Reply With Quote