View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 8th, 2011, 09:13 AM
I just had to say that I keep reading about how Android is leading the market but it does not seem to bare out in the real world. My current client is a fortune 500 company and the company supports Black Berry. Now then many many of the IT people run their own phones and devices to get to email and documents.

I have not seen a single droid phone or tablet in the company. They are all iPhones and iPads. Actually in the last month many more iPad2 are showing up in the meetings I go too. Again not a single one of these Xoom's or other devices that are more expensive then the iPad.

My last business trip down to a conference two weeks ago also let me see what everyone was using. I counted 5 Droid phones, 3 black berries, a handful of outdated phones, and about 100+ iPhones. From the 70 year old grandpa who sat next to me on the plane, the business suite guys, to the teens on spring break.

So maybe this is just here in the Midwest & east coast but where are all these Droid phones that are selling so hot? (note not trying to start a huge argument just I don't see it is all.)

Also when down in my trip to Orlando, FL the hotel was next to the Florida Mall which had a Apple store. I went in to see if they had any iPad2's for sale. They sort of laughed at me. What I found out was that they got in about 5-10 iPad2 a day. The line formed outside the mall each day at 5am in the morning. Then at 8am they would pass out a ticket to those few that would get a iPad that day. Then at 9am would open the store and sell them.

So iPad is selling like crazy still and HL has to with who has the most bang for their buck. I could be wrong but I think I would be surprised to see a HL droid app before the iPad app.....

P.S. - Just got the ship confirmation for my iPad2...

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #19 Reply With Quote