View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 15th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by risner View Post
Can we install non .user files? Like a .cmd file? I could easily code a .cmd file that deletes any "empty" files (<document></document> empty xml) from the .user directory. Then we could trim down to a small number and offer a solution to those that a) care and b) read the release notes.
I think we can I just have never tried. My question would be how would you execute that .cmd file? Nothing in the import process will execute it.

And the next release will still have to have those empty files again as some one could be upgrading from 1.1 to say 1.4.

Last thing is that the empty files have a little more than just the document tags. Here is an example of one going in with 1.3.
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<document signature="Hero Lab Data">
  <fileinfo>
    <info_history>
2/15/2011 Tim Shadow
-Combined together all Demons into the MM-Demons.user file. So this is left empty as of the 1.3 release.

12-29-10
Bootstrapped Type and Subtype, adjusted the way general specials work, added racial skill bonus, added start HP and also Innate skills

chk6-24-10</info_history>
    <info_todo><![CDATA[Add the Tanar'ri Subtype]]></info_todo>
    </fileinfo>
  </document>

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #30 Reply With Quote