View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 15th, 2011, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by risner View Post
Is there no way to have the upgrade deleted the old unneeded files?
Nope its a safety feature of HL. Be dangerous to allow the tool to start deleting files without the end-user requesting it.

During the install the end-user could click on a button that will delete all .user files that where not updated by our import. Though that would mean any custom .user files are just GONE. And trust me very few people will read any warning or information we put out their regarding this.

Plus if we expected them to do that and they didn't then their whole d20 game folder will hit duplicate thing errors and not work. Why I understand that it would be very easy for most people to be walked through this many will be very upset when they install an update that breaks stuff.

Which will then give us the case of us being incompetent and not to trust our community updates. Not something I want to even chance given the amount of work that everyone puts into it.

So having the empty files I think is the smoothest method of doing this for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risner View Post
Also, I'd really like to see us consolidate down to at minimum 1 file per book or even better 1 file for all of our material? Am I the only one wanting this? ;-)
It would have made my life easier to have smaller number of files to make into the import file. But now no matter what we have to have empty files to add. So its all the same to me now.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #28 Reply With Quote