View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 14th, 2010, 06:58 AM
Actually the fact that the customer support was prompt and polite is a bigger win in my book actually and the thread should be left to show this. Also the fact that their have been two threads about Activation sense I joined a year ago also shows that it is 99% flawless in it's use. This again shows that is nearly perfect which is almost unheard of in the software industry.

On top of that HL license lets you re-install onto a new computer every 120 days is also VERY generous as I can't even think of another software that does that.

The fact is that people think that they can buy one copy and share it with their whole gaming group means that software activation is needed. The fact that they say this stuff right in front of the WL guys at their booth at GenCon shows how little thought their is in stealing software.

So until some better idea comes along we are left with the need for software activation if a company wants to stay in business.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #13 Reply With Quote