Thread: torch as Weapon
View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 14th, 2017, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voydangel View Post
The torch in the pack has the wrong stats (RAW torch does gauntlet dmg +1 fire dmg, not +1d4).
Well like I said this is a bit of discussion because Pathfinder has multiple listing for Torches and damage. I am pretty sure this was based off the RotRL AP anniversary addition because it was made to allow the creation of the Goblins.

Couple ways to fix this is to provide maybe a couple different "torch" weapons. Or a check/box drop down that swaps the damage around some. Different possibilities exist.

Quote:
Also, the torch in the pack doesn't get modified by any feats, and is impossible to get proficiency with, so the "weapon" stats never reflect stuff like "Burn, Burn, Burn" or "Torch Bearer".
A torch is a improvised weapon so you would need to have feats/traits that affect or give proficiency with Improved Weapons.

I don't know what "Burn, Burn, Burn" or "Torch Bearer" are actually. If these are feats/traits they may have NO script logic because Core Pathfinder has no such thing as a Torch. I would have to be near HL to do some research on this.

That said if you find something that is not correct in the Pack its best to report it and I can try and fix it. Things change over time and not everything continues to work years later.

Quote:
I would be happy to make this myself if i knew how, and even share it with the community as well, but I would need a bit more guidance.
The links above I list where to get all the help that is available in regards tot he Editor. Several of the YouTube videos go over how to start the editor and create your first Thing. In this case a weapon does not really require much or any scripting knowledge. Its pretty much fill in the info.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote