View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 30th, 2015, 03:17 PM
Sendric. My current plan is I am going to be adding official Shield Bash's into d20 hopefully in this next update. At that time I can create a new "Helper.xxx" tag that will mimic the behavior you need for "Agile Shield Fighter" using the components. That will make things very easy on your side (ie perform hero.assign[Helper.ShieldTWF]) and less overhead if the background components take care of it correctly.

I can't add the actual "feat" or text but I can add the logic into d20. Will that work? You will also be able to remove the "shield" bash fixes you have in the community pack then.

During this change I think I am going to be adding a new "weapon group" type tag into the system. Something to group together common weapon types like shields, bows, and crossbows. Would it be worth it to expand to blades, maces, polearms? Does anything in 3.5 break down the weapon types like this that you know of? This does mean to have everything work right you may need to go through all the community weapons and "tag" them as the right types. Well at least the shields at first. Thoughts?

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #430 Reply With Quote