View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 16th, 2014, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I was in no way trying to get Hero Lab to sync to the cloud, I see no point in that. My intentions were to have the ability to view and manipulate profiles via a web server running within hero lab on a PC. As described, this is not porting anything over to anything else, it is effectively rendering the same data to a different target. Then, you could have a single PC/laptop running HL, with profiles for all party members, and each member could use their portable device, regardless of OS, to connect to it and not just display the data, but manipulate it as well (at least the ability to add/set adjustments and conditions).
If that is all you want then its already available. The app your looking for is "Splashtop" and runs on all tablet OS. It lets you take control of your desktop remotely and would allow you full access to any program including Hero Lab.

Its what I used before the iOS app and it worked great. I heard splashtop is even free on Droids. My players even still use it for leveling their characters and stuff at a game because they no longer bring their laptops. My brother uses it on his droid phone all the time to do "test builds" while at work on a construction site.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #101 Reply With Quote