View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 9th, 2013, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmartin7260 View Post
I created a .hl file as per ShadowChemosh's suggestion. It was a fairly large file since it included everything except the pre-generated profiles. I sent it to Dropbox and then had Dropbox send it to the iPad app....so far, so good. Went to the "View Updates" function of the app and hit "Install Updates" and found "Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Dungeoneer's handbook, 3 Classes worth of NPC's from NPC Codex; Pathfinder 68; Bug fixes". I tapped this and there was a few moments when the update was downloading. After the download was done, I got this message, "The file could not be imported because: Imported files without a third-party id may not be used. Use HLExport to repackage this file with a third-party id to use its contents"

When I created this update in HLExport, it didn't allow me to to create a third-party id. Any help or ideas would be very appreciated since this is my first go with HLExport
It sounds like you packaged up the WHOLE Pathfinder data set. You just want the .user files only and it should be very small less than 1 meg in size.

So in this case one of the options on the top menu is like View->Select all .user files. I forget the first menu but the option is defiantly "Select all .user files". Once you do that the ID, Name, and Version numbers open up and you can put in the text their.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #49 Reply With Quote