View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 9th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmartin7260 View Post
Can you be a bit more specific about what exactly to type in to "View Updates"? I first tried typing the full URL of d20PFSRD.com as it is shown on my browser. Then the same URL with the Saurian race file, PFRG_TOS_Saurian.user, after it and both times I got an error message on the HL app. I know this seems easy but it's very difficult for me to work out what needs to be type in. Thanks
The URL only works for those full packages listed in this "Community" thread. So like the Community Bestiary and stuff. You can't install .user files directly like you can on the desktop.

I was not aware of this and understand people are going to need access to the above but I am not sure how to do that without causing the update screen to list a hundred individual downloads.

What you would have to do now is create a .hl file out of the .user files you want and then use like dropbox or email the .hl file from yourself. You create them from inside of HL going to "Tools->HLExport".

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #47 Reply With Quote