Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 3rd, 2009, 02:46 PM
We just released a new V3.5 update for Hero Lab. You can download it from our website or via the integrated Updates mechanism.

The primary new feature added to this release is a major overhaul of how tab panels are handled for game systems with dynamically created tabs, such as d20 and Pathfinder. These games can now utilize a single, common panel for all the different classes, included user-created classes. The net result is a more flexible mechanism with a smaller memory footprint. It also greatly simplifies the creation of custom classes, since users don't have to worry about all those separate data files containing the tab panels. In fact, all those data files can now be jettisoned, since they are no longer utilized by the new mechanism. For backwards compatibility, you can leave them around and they will be properly ignored.

For Pathfinder, we've streamlined a bunch more stuff from the way the old d20 files handled things, but we're still wrapping up a few details in the data files and getting the docs into place. So the ability to add custom classes is now in place, but you won't have access to it for a few more days while Mathias finishes up a few final tweaks and adds some solid documentation.

There have been a number of additional enhancements that are targeted at data file authors. You'll find these outlined in the readme file included with the release.

Thanks for everyone's continued support. And may the dice be with you....

-Rob
rob is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ApokalypseTest

Old October 5th, 2009, 11:29 AM
Did you add the announced changes for Savage Worlds by any chance?
ApokalypseTest is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 5th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Which changes are you referring to here?
rob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mahrdol

Old October 5th, 2009, 01:22 PM
Thanks! I am actively pitching your product at games because of the great job your staff is doing and quick/friendly customer service in this forum.
Mahrdol is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ApokalypseTest

Old October 5th, 2009, 01:51 PM
@rob:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
OK, the imminent update will include the ability to charge two slots for edges and have a race (or other mechanism) cause an attribute to cost two slots.
Mainly the effect that they also cost two advances to raise during play.
ApokalypseTest is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 5th, 2009, 02:01 PM
That was included in the previous update to the Savage Worlds data files. You can designate an edge or attribute as costing two advancement slots. This can also be applied via a script, such as having a race apply the behavior change. So you should be good to go for this stuff.

I thought I outlined this in the Savage Worlds forum, but maybe I forgot. I'll go back and check. If I forgot, I'll post the details.
rob is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 5th, 2009, 02:03 PM
I just double-checked and the details on how to do this are posted in the Savage Worlds forum. You'll find the specific post here:
http://forums.lwdsupport.com/showpos...3&postcount=13
rob is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
ApokalypseTest

Old October 6th, 2009, 08:27 AM
Oh, my bad,

I thought that was a workaround until the next update comes out.

Sorry for the confusion and thx for the explanation.
ApokalypseTest is offline   #8 Reply With Quote