Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Dastir

Old January 20th, 2009, 11:46 AM
I am trying to implement an adjustment for the spell Holy Aura which gives, among other things, SR 25 vs evil spells.

I would like an item to show up in the Specials tab when the adjustment is enabled, but I can figure out how to set the condition correctly on the bootstrap in the Adjustment so that it shows/hides when the adjustment is enabled/disabled

Any thoughts?
Dastir is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 20th, 2009, 01:00 PM
Actually, there's something helpful hidden in the SR special (and the various damage resistance/reduction and movement (ex: flying speed) specials) - they won't show themselves unless they have a value set. (I think it's the line in their scripts; "call CalcValue", which calls a function that hides them).

So, all you need to worry about is setting the value only if the special is enabled.

Final,100:
if (field[hIsOn1].value <> 0) then
#applysr[25]
endif

Since I have needed to set a bootstrap condition for things like the psionic item Skin of the Claw, which adds a natural attack when activated:

fieldval:hIsOn1 <>0

BTW, field[hIsOn1] refers to "Charge Effect 1". Use hIsOn2 for "Charge Effect 2"
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Dastir

Old January 20th, 2009, 01:54 PM
OK, this got me closer...

If I use the default SR pick (xSplRs) this works great. However, for various reasons I am not going to bore you with, I need to create a new special which was duplicated from the default SR special. The applysr macro relies on having that specific pick boostrapped. How can I duplicate the effect of the applysr macro for my new special?
Dastir is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 20th, 2009, 02:25 PM
hero.childfound[whatever].field[value].value = 25

or, if you're worried about two things setting the value:

hero.childfound[whatever].field[value].value = maximum(25, hero.childfound[whatever].field[value].value)
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Dastir

Old January 20th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Sweet!

Had to change the case of the Value field, but other than that it worked perfectly.

Thanks!
Dastir is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Dastir

Old January 20th, 2009, 04:12 PM
Woops - here's another one...

Tenser's Transformation grants the feats Simple Weapons (all) and Martial Weapons (All), how do I make these feats show up only if the adjustment for the spell is enabled? Right now they show up if the adjustment is on the character - whether it is enabled or not.

(Yes, I *am* writing adjustments for all the spells... )
Dastir is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 23rd, 2009, 02:33 PM
You can add a condition to the bootstrap. Each adjustment has a field (pIsOn) for whether it's active or not; you can use that as part of the bootstrap condition for the feat:

Code:
fieldval:pIsOn > 0
Colen is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Dastir

Old January 23rd, 2009, 04:41 PM
Works great! Thanks Colen!
Dastir is offline   #8 Reply With Quote