Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Runequest
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

MPHopcroft

Send a message via AIM to MPHopcroft Send a message via MSN to MPHopcroft Send a message via Yahoo to MPHopcroft

Old March 20th, 2007, 06:31 PM
Right now, I'm thinking that the basic RQ set that becomes available will include the open content sections of what has been released by Mongoose: much of the Companion, most of the Core Rules, some of Monsters.

Mongoose has so far released two official RQ worlds; Glorantha and Lankhmar (from the Fritz Lieber tales of fafhrd and the Grey Mouser). At least one third-party world has already been released, and more are in the works.

Any thoughts on those?
MPHopcroft is offline   #1
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 25th, 2007, 01:39 AM
At 07:31 PM 3/20/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
Right now, I'm thinking that the basic RQ set that becomes available will include the open content sections of what has been released by Mongoose: much of the Companion, most of the Core Rules, some of Monsters.

Mongoose has so far released two official RQ worlds; Glorantha and Lankhmar (from the Fritz Lieber tales of fafhrd and the Grey Mouser). At least one third-party world has already been released, and more are in the works.

Any thoughts on those?
My working *assumption* (i.e. subject to summary change by Mongoose stating otherwise) is that the core rulebook, the companion, and the monsters book will be part of the core RQ data files. We have not discussed the worlds in detail at this point, so I can't speak to whether that material will be included until I get more info.
rob is offline   #2
MPHopcroft

Send a message via AIM to MPHopcroft Send a message via MSN to MPHopcroft Send a message via Yahoo to MPHopcroft

Old September 22nd, 2007, 08:17 PM
And the worlds list has grown substantially; Mongoose just released the first two worldbooks in their new Eternal Champion series based on Moorcock's magnum opus, Hawkmoon and Melinbone (the Mongoose version of the classic RPG Stormbringer, telling the sotry of elric, Melinbone and the Young Kingdoms). I also believe they are planning to do Corum, and there are rumors of a RQ version of Conan and the Hyborian Age (which somehow seems a perfect fit, although Conan would have to have skill levels that would terrify any GM). So the RuneQuest module will eventually need a very solid development kit, because the RQ multiverse appears to be expanding at an alarming rate just from Mongoose, nebver mind third parties.
MPHopcroft is offline   #3
MPHopcroft

Old October 9th, 2007, 08:46 PM
Oh, and add one more to the list: Slaine, which already had a d20 adaptation, is going to be re-released for RuneQuest.
MPHopcroft is offline   #4