Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mightyspartian

Old December 23rd, 2017, 03:02 PM
I am trying to set up a Secret Chest http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-sp.../secret-chest/ There is no programed entry similar to a Bag of Holding or Portable Hole.

Any ideas how to set one up?
Mightyspartian is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old December 23rd, 2017, 03:18 PM
You can use a "custom container" on the Gear (not Magic) tab and give it a name of "secret chest"

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
LazarX

Old December 26th, 2017, 08:25 AM
You can also use it for stuff you keep in a house or other home base.
LazarX is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mightyspartian

Old December 27th, 2017, 04:49 AM
@Farling I am still figuring the software out
Mightyspartian is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old December 27th, 2017, 05:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyspartian View Post
@Farling I am still figuring the software out
After you have a "secret chest" made from a "custom container", you can then put things in the chest by clicking on the "loot bag" icon on each item and select which container it should be in.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mightyspartian

Old December 30th, 2017, 11:30 AM
Farling,

Not finding any CRV data per 2.1 for an hour. This wear I am lost. Dug around various directories and found nothing. Perhaps we can voice and you can walk me through this?
Mightyspartian is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 30th, 2017, 12:55 PM
I'm not a Pathfinder user, but I think I follow where they're going with this. First off, I'll go with the non-Editor way of doing this:

Go to the Gear Tab and click to Add the Gear. Then, choose Custom Container at the top. Select whatever cost (or for Free) that you feel is appropriate.

Name that Container "Secret Chest". For any gear you want to add to the Secret Chest, just click on the Pouch icon and select Secret Chest.

Does that make sense?
Attached Images
File Type: png Gear - Custom Container.png (240.9 KB, 53 views)
File Type: png Gear - Custom Container 2.png (200.9 KB, 51 views)
Duggan is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old December 30th, 2017, 01:06 PM
To create this as a "buyable" item, you can use the editor, going to the Equipment / Gear tab. Copy something simple like a Chest or a Backpack, and rename it to a Secret Chest. I am not 100% certain of the entries after that, not being familiar with Pathfinder, but making it a "Top-Level Container" should keep the objects within from encumbering the user. Cost would probably be 5050 gold, 5000 for the main chest component and 50 for the miniature, according to the SRD entry.

You could probably do some additional things to ensure that this is only purchased by people using the spell, or perhaps enabling or disabling "Top-Level" based on whether the spell is active, but again, not my area of expertise.
Duggan is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Mightyspartian

Old December 30th, 2017, 02:43 PM
Hi Dug

I tried your idea a while back however the Secret Chest works more like a portable hole, where items within weigh zero thus reducing the encumbrance.
Mightyspartian is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old December 30th, 2017, 06:47 PM
{nods} Right. So you're not seeing those items not added to your Encumbrance when added to the Secret Chest? I just added a "Custom container", named it "Secret Chest", and then bought and added an Astrolabe to it. Before I added it to the Secret Chest, I had 6 lbs of encumbrance. Afterwards, I had 0. Is that not what you're looking for?
Duggan is offline   #10 Reply With Quote