Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Zan Thrax

Old June 26th, 2016, 10:41 AM
I'm working on my first prepared caster since the new spellbook functionality was added.

And I can't figure out how to make it work. Clicking the "add starting formula book" doesn't seem to actually do anything. Is there a setting somewhere that I need to change? Or is the feature not fully functional yet? I can click the "character ignores physical spellbooks" option if I have to, but that seems to turn off almost everything about the new feature.
Zan Thrax is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
jrcchicago

Old June 26th, 2016, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Thrax View Post
I'm working on my first prepared caster since the new spellbook functionality was added.

And I can't figure out how to make it work. Clicking the "add starting formula book" doesn't seem to actually do anything. Is there a setting somewhere that I need to change? Or is the feature not fully functional yet? I can click the "character ignores physical spellbooks" option if I have to, but that seems to turn off almost everything about the new feature.
After clicking "Add starting spellbook" you should see "Wizard Starting Spellbook" (or equivalent for other arcane classes) at the top of the spellbook page. If you click the editing icon (hammer & wrench) next to the Wizard Starting Spellbook, you get a list of the spells already contained in it and the option at the bottom of the list to add spells to this specific spellbook.

One warning - if you're converting an existing character with any significant number of spells, there is no warning when you go past the number of pages available in the book, so when you close out you may find that you have added 120 pages worth of spells to a 100-page spellbook.
jrcchicago is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Zan Thrax

Old June 26th, 2016, 01:36 PM
Ok, I guess I need to submit a bug report then, because my new Empiricist's starting spellbook button does nothing.
Zan Thrax is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 26th, 2016, 07:26 PM
What StartBook tag do you have? You've verified that it matches the Id of the starting spellbook you created on the spellbook tab?

You've checked the settings on the starting spellbook you created to make sure it's working similarly to the starting spellbooks of other classes, just with the changes needed to make it specific to this class?
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old June 26th, 2016, 09:16 PM
I just tried making a new Investigator, and yeah, unlike an Alchemist or Wizard clicking the starting spellbook button does nothing.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Zan Thrax

Old June 27th, 2016, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
What StartBook tag do you have? You've verified that it matches the Id of the starting spellbook you created on the spellbook tab?

You've checked the settings on the starting spellbook you created to make sure it's working similarly to the starting spellbooks of other classes, just with the changes needed to make it specific to this class?
I'm not sure how to find out the StartBook tag, but I do know that the button doesn't actually create a starting spellbook at all for an Investigator.
Zan Thrax is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 28th, 2016, 07:23 AM
The investigator issue is a bug, and that's a separate thing.

There are settings that you need to add to your class in order to get the spellbook mechanism working - the first step in diagnosing this issue is to find out what you've added for those settings.

Look in the tags button on your class - do you have a StartBook tag set?

Look at the starting spellbook you've created for this class - what tags and fields have you set there?
Mathias is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old June 28th, 2016, 09:23 AM
I don't think Zan Thrax is working on any customizations, just trying to create an Investigator and wanting to confirm that it was a bug.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 28th, 2016, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieluce View Post
I don't think Zan Thrax is working on any customizations, just trying to create an Investigator and wanting to confirm that it was a bug.
I read it as creating a new class in the editor.
Mathias is offline   #9 Reply With Quote