Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

seelenamt

Old October 8th, 2015, 06:50 PM
SR5's book on wetwork and Havana is now out, featuring a complete table of contents

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/...ows-Sourcebook
seelenamt is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
IssLance

Old October 9th, 2015, 12:15 AM
Any estimated time about adding it to Hero Lab? I guess after Chrome Flesh you have some other priorities but how long would it take?
IssLance is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 9th, 2015, 11:51 AM
I'm sorry, but the schedule beyond Chrome Flesh and finishing Run Faster won't be determined until close to the end of those projects.

Also, before I can estimate the time it will take for a book, I need time to scan through it, identify the crunch that will go into Hero Lab, and note any trouble spots. Even if my schedule were open, that estimate would take time to compile, so you shouldn't be expecting estimates in the first 24 hours. Catalyst does not give us advance copies of their books.
Mathias is online now   #3 Reply With Quote
Pollution

Old October 13th, 2015, 07:44 AM
Scanning the ToC, I would guess about 40 man hours to get in new material.

Most looks easy (like new lifestyle options, or vehicles), some looks a bit more robust (mostly just additional lifestyle RULES, as opposed to options).

Seems to be mostly qualities and equipment.

Rules could change things, however.
Pollution is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Polecat

Old October 15th, 2015, 02:38 AM
How about (and guys please jump in if you disagree)... but how about you add all the simple stuff in a first wave update (since that is most of the stuff we use after all). The gear, the weapon modifications, the new spells, etc.

Then set aside the advanced rules as a second wave that you apply later between books.

For example, there are still some Metamagics in Street Magic that haven't been done and they're basically as simple as copy and pasting text and adding them into the engine. There are only a couple that even need to modify the character sheet (since most of them don't alter attribute or skill statistics).

The same is true of Data Trails, there's actually a Technomancer Complex Form in there that could be used to cure CFD (which is a HUGE deal) and it wasn't included in the Herolab but the advanced rules for AI were.

I'm not sorry that they were included, because AIs are fun and interesting. But it just seems like a weird thing to prioritize.

Please offer input but I am off the opinion that the following should be prioritized:

1. Cyberware/Bioware
2. Gear
3. Possitive/Negative Qualities
4. Vehicles
5. Spells/Metamagic/Adept Powers/New Mentor Spirits
6. Advanced Rules/Optional Rules systems.

I based the above suggestions on their use and the accessibility currently in game. For instance, although I myself and playing a "mage" there are a huge number of spells for me to pick from already.

The reason I prioritize Cyberware/Bioware is because as it exists it is under-represented in Herolab. There is a lot of it but not a lot of combination. So whereas its easy to make a number of different magic users with different spell combinations quite often most of the augmented come out looking fairly similar. The content out of Chrome Flesh and the hand full of stuff that they make available in Hard Target would balance the diversity allowing for a much wider range of characters to be made.

The reason gear is second is because its a simply copy and paste job and it applies universally across all characters. So it should be easy and a simple break between cyber and vehicles.

Qualities are third because we have SO many right now, but we typically need them less than we need a balance for the things we do not have in the lab yet.

Finally, the reason the advanced and optional rules should be applied last is because they require the most work and typically offer the least.

Anyway, this post isn't the most organized (its just off the top of my head) but if it would help I can skim over the books again (We've been playing a lot and I am pretty familiar with them) and give you a rundown of what needs to be included and page number. Just let me know.
Polecat is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Orudeon

Old October 15th, 2015, 09:44 AM
Hopefully Mathias will get Chrome Flesh out soon so he and the rest of the team can finish up Run Faster.

For now, I've begun adding things from HT to house rules editor files. Most of them are really simple, but then you get to things like Seeker Shafts for arrows and I have no idea how to apply modifications to arrows.
Orudeon is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 15th, 2015, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
The same is true of Data Trails, there's actually a Technomancer Complex Form in there that could be used to cure CFD (which is a HUGE deal) and it wasn't included in the Herolab but the advanced rules for AI were.
Page reference, please? There's a complex form in Chrome Flesh that deals with CFD, but if an item from Data Trails was missed, could you please report that as a bug? Data Trails should be complete, except for the things listed in the FAQ...Future Plans (which are Deep runs and UV hosts).
Mathias is online now   #7 Reply With Quote
Polecat

Old October 15th, 2015, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Page reference, please? There's a complex form in Chrome Flesh that deals with CFD, but if an item from Data Trails was missed, could you please report that as a bug? Data Trails should be complete, except for the things listed in the FAQ...Future Plans (which are Deep runs and UV hosts).

No sweat, I'll have our Technomancer get it for you tomorrow (game night) and we'll sub it then.
Polecat is offline   #8 Reply With Quote