Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Senko

Old June 16th, 2015, 02:10 PM
I'm just curious why with an implanted commllink you can add the tactical nets as a modification but not the biomonitor or sim module which I'd imagine are a more minor addition to the implant.
Senko is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 16th, 2015, 02:11 PM
This is still on the bug list - I haven't had a chance to get to it yet.
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 16th, 2015, 02:19 PM
Sorry, I misread the question and was thinking of another issue when I first responded.

If you want the effects of a sim module from your cyberware, that's available in a datajack. The normal sim module and biomonitor are described in the gear section and don't have corresponding cyber versions (well, the datajack is the cyber version of the sim module, but the biomonitor doesn't have a corresponding piece of cyberware). The tactical nets are specifically listed as things you can modify commlinks with.
Mathias is online now   #3 Reply With Quote
BrotherPrætus

Old June 24th, 2015, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senko View Post
I'm just curious why with an implanted commllink you can add the tactical nets as a modification but not the biomonitor or sim module which I'd imagine are a more minor addition to the implant.
I know it has been awhile, but there's the first line of the write-up in SR5 for the implanted commlink on page 451:

"The implanted version of the commlink (p. 438) comes with a sim module at no additional cost."

Are you wanting to add a hot-sim module? While it is theoretically doable, it's not specifically covered in the write-up, and is therefore probably the reason why it's not currently covered by Hero Lab.

My 2¢ on the matter.
BrotherPrætus is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Kiirnodel

Old June 28th, 2015, 12:54 AM
There are examples of hot-sim modified implanted commlinks. So I know I personally would appreciate the ability to add the hot-sim indication.

But BrotherPraetus is right, technically the commlink has a sim module automatically. It isn't that the implanted commlink cannot have one, it just comes standard.
Kiirnodel is offline   #5 Reply With Quote