Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

EightBitz

Old May 23rd, 2014, 10:29 PM
Due to other demands on my time, I haven't been digging into Realm Works as much as I've wanted to. I've created a few realms and done some work on each of them here and there, as I've had time. Now, though, our current GM will be taking a break, and two other GMs have no ready material. (We're all the planning type.) So ... the group has volunteered me to run a Mouse Guard game.

I've created a Mouse Guard realm, and I've started data entry. Part of the process is figuring out how I want to organize things. As many of you know, that process is an evolving one. I'm still early in to the process, and still trying to figure out what structure I want to use for some things.

To that end, here are some features/functions that I have, as the thread title indicates, really come to appreciate.
  • Being able to move snippets between sections.
  • Being able to reorder the sections in a topic.
  • Being able to add custom sections to a given topic, eliminating the need to unprotect the category.
  • Being able to duplicate a topic, allowing one to effectively create a template topic, saving time in creating multiple topics of the same type.

These features didn't ALL have to be in there for core functionality. But the fact that they are gives it a nice, shiny polish that gives me a warm, fuzzy, viscerally satisfying feeling.

Thank you.
EightBitz is offline   #1 Reply With Quote