Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Erdrix

Old April 2nd, 2014, 05:48 AM
I was wondering what is the best way to input names. If you put in "Bob Smith", RW only scans for "Bob Smith" for links, but Bob Smith could only be referred to as "Bob" in one section or only as "Smith" in another and RW will ignore those instances.

I have tried adding aliases of just "Bob" and just "Smith" and that does allow RW to scan links for all those instances. Are there any other ways to do this that I am unaware of?
Erdrix is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old April 2nd, 2014, 06:09 AM
Just to make sure this is understood, you can add links manually. If you create a person named "Bob Smith", name the topic according to the most common way you would refer to the person. Then, if in another article or topic, you refer to him once or twice as "Bob", then you can manually link "Bob" to "Bob Smith".
EightBitz is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Viral Platypus

Old April 2nd, 2014, 08:07 AM
In the "Content Pane Options" Menu (tools button) there's an option for managing aliases. You can add whatever aliases you want there. They show up as AKAs under the main name of the topic.
Viral Platypus is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 2nd, 2014, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erdrix View Post
I have tried adding aliases of just "Bob" and just "Smith" and that does allow RW to scan links for all those instances. Are there any other ways to do this that I am unaware of?
This is exactly what aliases are intended to solve. If you end up with three aliases for "Bob", the collision will be detected and they will all be presented for you to select which "Bob" you actually mean.
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Erdrix

Old April 2nd, 2014, 01:33 PM
Okay, just wanted to make sure there wasn't another way that I was missing.
Erdrix is offline   #5 Reply With Quote