Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

JolarEQ

Old January 2nd, 2014, 09:40 AM
I just upgraded Hero Lab to the latest version, 4.3. The problem I run into is that it automatically installs it into the Program Files directory. However, I do not run Hero Lab out of the Program Files directory, I run it off a completely different drive. Once it installs, I need to physically move the directory to the correct location. Is there a way for the updates to install to the directory that Hero Lab is already installed to, or a way to choose which directory to install to, instead of having it go to the Program Files directory?
JolarEQ is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 2nd, 2014, 06:57 PM
Hi JolarEQ,

When you installed Hero Lab, did you install it at the default location (Program Files) and then manually move it to the second drive? If so, please download and run the installer from our web site and specify the folder you want it in during install, and all updates should install to that folder as well.

As long as you manually ran the installer and told Hero Lab to install into that location once, it should always update that folder in future.

Hope this helps!
Colen is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
JolarEQ

Old January 2nd, 2014, 08:46 PM
I don't believe I did, but it was a bit ago, so I can't remember. :P I'll uninstall it and then reinstall to the correct location and see what happens. Thanks Colen!
JolarEQ is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
JolarEQ

Old January 4th, 2014, 10:04 AM
Colen, I uninstalled and reinstalled version 4.2 of Hero Lab to my custom location, and when I did the upgrade to 4.3 it installed correctly. I guess I did move it from one place to another, but it had been a while so I didn't remember. Thanks again!!
JolarEQ is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
jas0042

Old January 25th, 2014, 02:41 PM
My Hero lab keeps telling me to update to the newest version 4.3 when I've already done so a few times
jas0042 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Nogard666

Send a message via Yahoo to Nogard666

Old July 27th, 2016, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas0042 View Post
My Hero lab keeps telling me to update to the newest version 4.3 when I've already done so a few times
I get something similar. Mine keeps showing updates to specific games (currently a Savage World update) as available even after I download and install them.
Nogard666 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote