Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Alecak

Old November 14th, 2013, 09:30 PM
A group of friends and i want to play Gesalt rules and i was wondering if they is a *how to make gesalt characters for dummies* i've looked over what others are asking and i'm still confused when i go to the editor.

I want to make a

Barbarian/fighter (basicly a barbarian with more feats and armor/weapon training)

or

Barbarian/cavalier (front line tactics with the barbarians damage)

thanks for your time if you care to explain things to me. Im not computer savvy.
Alecak is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 15th, 2013, 02:15 AM
I've seen these rules from 3.5, it basically involved taking the best option from the two classes for each item. I don't remember the full rules off the top of my head, but basically you'd take both classes you wish to gestalt together and pick the best options from each class. SO between say Barbarian/Fighter you'd look at Hit Dice: d12/d10 and pick the d12 because its the best option. Then you'd do the same comparison for saving throws, class features and abilities, etc. if I remember correctly.

As for adding this in the editor, you'd want to open up the editor, pop open the "Help" menu, then "Help on using the editor" section from there, from there, follow the tutorial for adding a new class. Basically for the Gestalt class you're adding a new class, with the best option between the two class options. You may wish to check youtube for videos showing how to add classes as well. I can't say for certain, but I think some members of the community have added videos there for adding classes to hero lab.

Personally, my recommendation would be to just build the new class on paper first, that way you have everything you need at your fingertips before adding it to the editor.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old November 15th, 2013, 05:20 AM
It's actually easier (a bit) to create the new class as an archetype of one of the existing classes. I usually take the class that (I think) would be harder to duplicate as the "first" class, and add the stuff from the second class to it. The exception to this (for HL) is that you can have only one spellcasting class, and I always use that as the 'first' class.

No time to poke through this now (I'm at work) but I'll see if I can find an easy way to get you started this evening or sometime over the weekend, and let you know.

Unless someone else gets to it first - there are others far more proficient that I am with the editor and with Gestalt classes who might jump on it first.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Alecak

Old November 20th, 2013, 10:11 PM
Any news on this? its been a few days.
Alecak is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old November 21st, 2013, 06:07 AM
Yikes! Sorry about that - got busy and distracted and it slipped completely from my mind.

Try the attached file. Put it in your pathfinder data file. Start a new character, give him a level of fighter and choose the "Skilled Rager" archetype.

(There are other Gestalts on here as well. I haven't done any work on these since several of the newer books came out, so I can't say for sure that all of the abilities from those books have been included . . .)

NOTE: I have not thoroughly tested this! I threw it together from another archetype, and started one up. At least at first level, and without adding anything else (race, etc) in, it appears to be working.

If you run into snags you can't work your way through, let me know (either on this thread or in a PM will work) and I'll see if I can puzzle it out.
Attached Files
File Type: email MCP Classes.user (291.0 KB, 5 views)
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #5 Reply With Quote