Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Ergon

Old January 6th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Some time ago I asked about changing the ability scores (here in the forum).
You pointed me to the "tAttrEvol" herofield. And it worked, thank you! :-)

So, I have now a script so that the ability scores go up every 5 levels (in place of every 4 levels).

Code:
[Phase="Post-levels (Users)" and Priority="15000"]

~debug "(Before) AttrEvol: " & herofield[tAttrEvol].value & " Lvl: " & #totallevelcount[]
herofield[tAttrEvol].value -= 0.25
if (#totallevelcount[] >= 6) then
   if (#totallevelcount[] >= 11) then
      if (#totallevelcount[] >= 16) then
      endif
   endif
endif
~debug "(After) AttrEvol: " & herofield[tAttrEvol].value & " Lvl: " & #totallevelcount[]
It works but now, I want to go a bit further.

My questions are:

1) how can I change the display. For the moment, at level 5, I can bump one ability score but it shows: "Level 4: +1 Charisma" and not "Level 5". The same thing happens at level 10 where I can read "Level 8: ..." and not "Level 10".

2) with my script, when the character is on level 1, it shows "Next attribute bonus in 4 levels". Good. But when the character reaches level 5, the player can click to increase her attribues and, when it's done, we can read "Next attribute bonus in 4 levels" but it's in fact in 5 levels not in 4. Sure when she will be level 6, it will correct: it will be "Next attribute bonus in 4 levels".
Well, maybe what I must do is to change the increase of tAttrEvol by 0.20 in place of the standard 0.25 per level but I don't know how.

Any hint to help with this?
Ergon is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old April 7th, 2014, 07:15 AM
I'm in a similar situation as the OP - my GM has a house rule that every four levels we can add 1 to each of two different ability scores. Modifying the last poster's script to the following gives me the appropriate number of bonuses at the appropriate levels:

Code:
herofield[tAttrEvol].value += 0
if (#totallevelcount[] >= 4) then
   herofield[tAttrEvol].value += 1
   if (#totallevelcount[] >= 8) then
      if (#totallevelcount[] >= 12) then
         if (#totallevelcount[] >= 16) then
            if (#totallevelcount[] >= 20) then
            endif
         endif
      endif
   endif
endif
However, every bonus reads on the sheet as 1 "break" higher. For example, the first bonus granted at level 4 reads "Level 4," but the second reads "Level 8." This continues on up, so that the bonuses granted at level 12 actually read on the sheet as "Level 20" and "Level 24."

The second issue is that in this game the bonuses must be applied to two different scores at each "break." So at level 4 I can't select "STR" twice, but I can select STR once at level 4 and again at level 8.

My questions:
  1. Can I make it so that the bonuses read on the sheet as the appropriate levels ("Level 4" for both bonuses granted at that level, etc.) and if so, how?
  2. Can I limit the choices to once for each attribute at each opportunity, and if so, how?
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 7th, 2014, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowgli View Post
[*]Can I make it so that the bonuses read on the sheet as the appropriate levels ("Level 4" for both bonuses granted at that level, etc.) and if so, how?
When I looked before I didn't see away so I am leaning towards you can't fix this as its in the background scripts. If/when I finish my adjustment that does this sort of stuff I will have a better answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowgli View Post
[*]Can I limit the choices to once for each attribute at each opportunity, and if so, how?
This one I am 99% sure can't be done. You will need access to those Ability Things and I didn't see before how to get access to them. As they would need to have pre-req scripts on them.

Even if you tried to use an outside script your issue is by say 12th level nothing in HL marks "WHEN" something was applied. So if their are two increases to Strength their is no way to know if that was added at level 4 or 8 or 12. Same issue in example for a feat it has no idea what "level" the feat was taken just that it is currently valid on a character.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old April 7th, 2014, 10:00 AM
Gotcha. Thanks, Shadow - as always, super helpful (even when the answer is "no" or "probably not" it's good to know)!.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old April 7th, 2014, 10:19 AM
I'll look for the "better answer" on number one down the line
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #5 Reply With Quote