Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Gilmax

Old July 22nd, 2012, 12:31 PM
I am creating a new character and want him to have a buckler, but when I go to the Armor tab, and add a new peice of Armor, I do not see buckler as an option. I verified in the Editor that I have two bucklers that I can copy from (mBuckler, and mBuckler2), but I still do not show it in the list (and I do have the filter set to Everything). What am I missing?

Gilmax
Gilmax is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old July 23rd, 2012, 05:39 AM
Hmm...that's weird. I don't see it either. mBuckler2 requires the Legends of the Twins source to be checked, but mBuckler has no source. I copied mBuckler in the editor, gave it a unique id and saved it. Now it does appear in the list. Not sure what the problem is there.
Sendric is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 23rd, 2012, 08:30 AM
What "Replaces Thing Id" options are set on those two copies of the buckler?

Remember, "Replaces Thing Id" is checked BEFORE sources are checked, so if you've replaced the regular buckler with one that has a specific source, you're not saying "use these variant stats when we have this source checked" - you're saying "this item now has this source".
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old July 23rd, 2012, 08:45 AM
I checked that. Neither of them uses Replaces Thing Id.

Edit: Check that. mBuckler2 does replace the first one, but you have to open the file to see it (using New (Copy) doesn't copy over the replace Id - live and learn). I'll fix this for the next community release.

Last edited by Sendric; July 23rd, 2012 at 08:49 AM.
Sendric is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old July 23rd, 2012, 09:20 AM
Looking at the file, there is a Buckler Proficiency that the author added that applies only to Bucklers. The new buckler (mBuckler2) has a pre-req that requires either the Buckler proficiency feat or the normal shield proficiency. The fix I'm going to put in place is as follows:

Retain the "Replace Thing Id", but remove the source so that its always available. I kept the pre-req but removed the Message so that a user who can't use a Buckler sees only the default "Shield Proficiency Required". Otherwise, the user would see both that and "Buckler Proficiency Required". Since the former message appears to be handled internally, I don't think there's a way to turn that off. If anyone has a better suggestion, I'm all ears. Otherwise, this is the fix that will go into the next release.
Sendric is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 23rd, 2012, 09:35 AM
Can you add

validif (hero.tagis[source.XXXX] = 0)

to the beginning of the prereq? That would mean that unless that specific book were enabled, this prereq is turned off for that item.
Mathias is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old July 23rd, 2012, 10:20 AM
I think I added that for one of the new base classes (I think it was Mariner) that only gets buckler proficiency but not proficiency in all shields.
Aaron is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old July 23rd, 2012, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Can you add

validif (hero.tagis[source.XXXX] = 0)

to the beginning of the prereq? That would mean that unless that specific book were enabled, this prereq is turned off for that item.
Yes, that does work. Thanks. I cheated a little and made the message read "Buckler Proficiency or" so that the message users see is this:

Buckler Proficiency or
Shield Proficiency required

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
I think I added that for one of the new base classes (I think it was Mariner) that only gets buckler proficiency but not proficiency in all shields.
Yes, it was the Mariner.
Sendric is offline   #8 Reply With Quote