Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

NeoFax

Old January 13th, 2012, 11:30 AM
I am going to start a new campaign shortly for some 3.5E players that want to try out Pathfinder and maybe transition over. So, we decided they would be able to take any standard Paizo class and certain 3.5E WotC Prestige Classes upon approval. well, one of the players is planning to play a Wizard Conjurer 4/Sorcerer Arcane 4/Ultimate Magus(Complete Mage) 4/Wayfarer(Complete Arcane) 4. I know the Wayfarer is already built for HeroLab for the 3.5 dataset. How hard would it be to convert this for use in the Pathfinder dataset?
NeoFax is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 13th, 2012, 12:02 PM
You'll have to re-create it - the mechanisms for class specials were improved in the transition from 3.5 to Pathfinder, which means that class specials created for 3.5 can't be used for a Pathfinder class without re-creating them in the Pathfinder style.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
NeoFax

Old January 13th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Thanks for the quick response. I will use the previous dataset as a stepping stone then.
NeoFax is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 13th, 2012, 12:06 PM
You can open two copies of HL at once, and open the editor in each, so that you can more easily reference the existing version.

But before you do so, I recommend studying up on Pathfinder's class specials - take a look at how they're used by Pathfinder classes that are like the one you're building.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote