Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 3rd, 2010, 01:40 AM
The Beta release of the Mutants & Masterminds 3rd Edition data files are now available. To access this package, you will need the Hero Lab V3.6d update that was just posted.

Please remember that this is a *BETA* and, as such, is likely to contain some errors.

Anyone who purchases the M&M3 data files during the Beta will receive the official files for free once the M&M3 game system is released in October.
rob is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
jrclarkiii

Send a message via Yahoo to jrclarkiii

Old August 3rd, 2010, 04:29 AM
I've been waiting for this! Already made my first character.

Noticed a problem: I added a custom descriptor to several powers ("Array") and instead of showing the word, it just showed "Custom descriptor -" on the preview of the character sheet.
jrclarkiii is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
jrclarkiii

Old August 3rd, 2010, 04:42 AM
I'm not sure it is calculating "Easily Removable" correctly. As I understand it, I take Blast 7 for 14 points. I apply Easily Removable and it should be a flaw of 14/5= 2 rounded down x 2 points = 4 point flaw or a total power cost of 10.

However the program is calculating it as an 8 point power, which would seem to be rounding up, maybe?

Same thing with 9 ranks in Blast for 18 points, it is calculating the cost as 10 points, but it would seem to me to that it should be 12.
jrclarkiii is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Sketchpad

Old August 3rd, 2010, 05:12 AM
I know what I'm getting this week

DT Butchino | Writer, Illustrator, Designer
DeviantArt|Facebook|Twitter
Sketchpad is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
FifthWanderer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 3rd, 2010, 05:54 AM
This is excellent. I just preordered DC Adventures with the pdf, and this will go with it nicely.
FifthWanderer is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
dartnet
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 3rd, 2010, 05:55 AM
Love it.
dartnet is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 3rd, 2010, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrclarkiii View Post
I'm not sure it is calculating "Easily Removable" correctly. As I understand it, I take Blast 7 for 14 points. I apply Easily Removable and it should be a flaw of 14/5= 2 rounded down x 2 points = 4 point flaw or a total power cost of 10.

However the program is calculating it as an 8 point power, which would seem to be rounding up, maybe?

Same thing with 9 ranks in Blast for 18 points, it is calculating the cost as 10 points, but it would seem to me to that it should be 12.
As described to me by GR, you get a 1 (or 2) point discount for every full 5 points of the power, plus another 1 (or 2) points discount if there's 3 or 4 points left over at the end.

For example, 22 point power with Removable 2 = 8 point discount. 23 point power with Removable 2 = 10 point discount.
Colen is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Sarcastic

Old August 3rd, 2010, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrclarkiii View Post

If I may interject? The rounding depends on what comes after the decimal point. Old rule from math class (so very very long ago...) If the # after the decimal is 0-4...round down, 5-9...round up. For example, your 7 Blast=14pts. Actually 14/5=2.8...so you round to 3 and then x2...=6. So then the 14-6=8pts for your blast device.
Again...your 18pt blast...18/5=3.6...round to 4...x2=8...then 18-8=10 pt blast device.
If it had come out to 3.2...then you'd round down to 3...x2=6...etc.

I didn't mean to sound condescending...sorry. Wasn't my intention.
Sarcastic is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
jrclarkiii

Old August 3rd, 2010, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic View Post
I didn't mean to sound condescending...sorry. Wasn't my intention.
Well, the point is moot because it came from the horse's mouth to do it that way. And I didn't think you were being condescending, you are mathematically correct. I've apparently just been playing RPGs recently that round down all fractions.

For example, D&D 3.5e -

"MATH
Rounding Fractions
If you wind up with a fraction, round down, even if the fraction is one-half or larger. As detailed elsewhere in this book, certain rolls, such as damage and hit points, have a minimum of 1."
jrclarkiii is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
RPGer6409

Old August 3rd, 2010, 07:59 PM
A quick question so as to know what to expect. I would want to have M&M 2.0 still running while trying the M&M 3 Beta. Will downloading and installing the Beta wipe out the older version?
RPGer6409 is offline   #10 Reply With Quote