• Please note: In an effort to ensure that all of our users feel welcome on our forums, we’ve updated our forum rules. You can review the updated rules here: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=5528.

If a fellow Community member is not following the forum rules, please report the post by clicking the Report button (the red yield sign on the left) located on every post. This will notify the moderators directly. If you have any questions about these new rules, please contact support@wolflair.com.

- The Lone Wolf Development Team

Savage Worlds Bug Reports

CapedCrusader

This will be the new home for any bug reports related to Savage Worlds. It will give me a central place to watch for any outstanding issues and keep you up to date on where I am in getting them fixed. And thank you in advance for finding the broken things so I can get them dealt with! (Take a Benny from petty cash!)

Ron
CapedCrusader

Current Bug List as of 23-Oct-2014:

Version 3.1 includes all latest bug fixes.

Setting Bugs
Deadlands
1. DL Correct Shaman power points allowed - should go to 15
2. DL Issues with Veteran o' the Weird West

I am currently working on a core files update for this, and should have it out in a few days. #15 turned out to be serious enough to warrant an immediate fix without waiting for the Companion work to be done. If you know of a bug not on this list, let me know. I went through the forum and also my own notes here. There are a couple mentioned here in the forum related to Setting files (Deadlands, mostly), and I'll try to get those done as well.

Last edited:
The Brawny (edgBrawny) edge needs to have a Pre-Req preclude of the Obese (hinObese) Hindrance.

And I think you may want to have this thread stickied.

EDIT: LOL. Yeah, I spoke to soon as it looks like it was stickied right after I posted that. :)

Last edited:
The Adept edge appears to require the Martial Artist edge. My french edition of SaWo deluxe doesn't mention such a requirement. Could anyone check the english deluxe version ? Thanks :)

Savage Worlds: Deluxe (English) Pg 38-39

Adept

Requirements: Novice, Arcane Background (Miracles),
Faith d8+, Fighting d8+

Adepts are holy warriors who have trained themselves to be living weapons. Some do so to be ultimate warriors; others do it in the service of a cause or deity.

Their unarmed attacks do Str+d4 damage, and they are
always considered armed for purposes of the Unarmed
Defender rule.

In addition, upon taking this Edge and at each new Rank, they may choose to change the trappings of one of the following powers to work only on themselves but be activated as a free action: boost/lower trait, deflection, healing, smite, or speed. The Adept must have the power to begin with, and this does not allow him to activate more than one power in a round.

If no corrects me, then I do believe it's a bug.

Last edited:
I can confirm that it's a bug. The Adept Edge (edgAdept) should not have Martial Artist as a pre-req but the base data file does have it in there.

I guess you could copy the edge in the editor and take out the pre-req for the martial artist and give it a new Unique ID and save it. At least until a fix comes down the ppeline at any case.

I made a quick fix to the Adept edge for the Savage World data file. If you want it "Gap", just Private Message me your email. I will send it to you, then all you have to do is download it and double-click it and it will put it in for you. Then after that just check the box in the configure your hero window and you will be good to go. Hope it helps. When a fix comes down the pipeline just delete my file that you downloaded.:)

Does regard this post, the King has spoken - this isn't the post your looking for. Move along, I said move along!!!!!! LOL

Last edited:
Stop what you are doing! (Forgive me, "King Arthur" is on, and the Roman land owner just said that...)

Hero Lab is correct as it is.

SWD Errata from Pinnacle:
Page 38 Adept: Change to “Requirements: Novice, Arcane Background (Miracles), Martial Artist, Faith d8+, Fighting d8+” and change the second paragraph to:
“As a free action, an adept can spend 1 Power Point to gain AP 2 with all of his unarmed attacks until his next action.”

http://www.peginc.com/freebies/SWcore/SWDUpdates_Errata.pdf

Last edited:
We're supposed to actually look at the errata? Next thing you know you'll want us to check the Pinnacle forum for official clarification on stuff, too! ;)

The only reason I didn't check the errata was because... umm .... well, you see... oh wait, my goldfish is calling...

Last edited:
Also the number of points you receive from super Karma should be the same as you would receive via the super power points edge. Currently Super Karma seems to give 5 points regardless of whether it is on Standard, Heavy Hitters or Major Leaguers.

On a likely related note, the Natural Growth option appears to give only 5 points without regard to the power point option setting. If using the Super power point edge manually, the power points scale appropriately.

Also noticed that encumbrance does not seem to be calculated properly for values over d12 when you have the Brawny edge. Under 12 seems to be working fine.

Late Addition: When using attack ranged with a throwing object, it does not display properly in the Attack power summary. Attack ranged seems to assume only shooting skill.

I'm not sure if this has been reported yet, but there's an easy way to generate an error message within the base Savage Worlds system.

Start a new character (or in fact any character that has no Arcane Background) and go to the Personal tab. Click on Add Permanent Adjustment at the bottom and select the Arcane Powers option and watch the errors start to appear.

I would have expected to not see this option unless the character has the option to actually have powers?

I've just re-encountered an issue with the core SW data file that would be good to get updated if possible please?

There are a number of Skills in the datafile that only appear as valid options if you have Arcane Backgrounds selected, such as Faith and Weird Science. A while back Zalor pointed me to a thread with a reply from PegInc (http://www.peginc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39287) showing that there shouldn't be this preclude as you can technically have these skills without an Arcane Background.

Any chance we can get the SW data file updated to reflect this statement from PegInc please? Otherwise I need to create copies of core skills in my Data file, which I would rather not do.

Back