Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mergon

Old September 23rd, 2016, 02:10 PM
Ah, well without know how he has scripted his code, I can't be much assistance there.

Sorry.

Watch your back, Conserve your ammo,
and NEVER cut a deal with a dragon!
Mergon is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
Hansmo

Old September 23rd, 2016, 03:29 PM
Ok I was able to change the spell list to the mystic's. I am unsure how to limit the selections to the Awakened and Knife Disciplines. But it is at least usable. As mentioned it requires wheelercub's Mystic file posted above.

Here it is if anyone wants it. Feel free to let me know if you find problems with it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7c...ew?usp=sharing
Hansmo is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
Hansmo

Old September 23rd, 2016, 04:24 PM
And here is the Psychic Warrior Fighter Archetype...

Hansmo is offline   #43 Reply With Quote
Hansmo

Old September 23rd, 2016, 05:41 PM
Finally, I corrected some errors in wheelercub's Mystic user file. Additionally, I flagged the psionic devotions so that the Lurk and Psychic Warriors have the appropriately limited power list. Note in my version changed the ability score back to INT from CHA. This can be easily changed back if that is your preference.

Last edited by Hansmo; September 23rd, 2016 at 06:02 PM.
Hansmo is offline   #44 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old September 23rd, 2016, 05:57 PM
Sorry guys, i have full intentions of putting this stuff into the Community Pack. But you know life....

My latest creation just crawled for the first time, so instead of uploading all this I'm baby proofing the house.
daplunk is offline   #45 Reply With Quote
Hansmo

Old September 23rd, 2016, 07:15 PM
No rush on my part.
Hansmo is offline   #46 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old September 25th, 2016, 10:01 PM
Ok so I have merged all of the above into a single file.

I'm going to throw a warning out now. I will need to change alot to get this compatible with alot of the standard conventions we apply to the 5e Community Pack. What this means is I will be changing all the names etc.

Just an early heads up, because once this is released, everyone with the original copy of the file will likely get an error or two or twenty.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #47 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old September 25th, 2016, 10:05 PM
@wheelercub - what's the source of the Ranger v2 and the Warforged (Juggernaut)?

CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #48 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old September 25th, 2016, 10:21 PM
Ok I have uploaded the file to GitHub. An issue has been created to consolidate conversation related to this file for anyone wanting to make further changes to the version that will be pushed out with the Community Pack.

GitHub Issue for Conversation / GitHub File

Quote:
Just an FYI for anyone looking to submit content to the Community Pack.

Something Shadow taught me from the very start was to make sure you set a User Identifier and enforce the use of that identifier for everything ever created for the Community Pack. The lets you look at a 'thing' within the tool and know instantly if it comes from the 5E Community Pack or not.

The User Identifier for the 5E Community Pack is 5C. If you look at the name for anything we create, it contains the 5C tag in the name. It's very handy for troubleshooting.

You can set this as a permanent option from within the tool by going to Tools > Set User Identifier > 5C.
Love your work guys, this is going to take me a full day to dissect I reckon. Will push it out with the next release of the 5E Community Pack.

CC3+ Facebook User Group

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #49 Reply With Quote
Hansmo

Old September 26th, 2016, 04:12 AM
Not sure if this should be its own thread or just attached here. I will put it here for now as it relates to the psionics...

So the psionic disciplines are all set at level 1 due to the fact that they have increased effects based on the psi points you expend when you activate them. Instead of levels they are broken down by greater and lesser disciplines. For the Mystic class you cannot select greater disciplines until 5th level. For the Lurk and Psychic Warrior archetypes you must be 13th level to select greater disciplines. This makes selecting powers somewhat counter intuitive because at first glance in HL they all appear to simply be level powers.

What I was wondering is if there is a way to check for the tags to determine if a discipline is greater or lesser and restrict the selection list based on the class level? I know next to nothing about the scripting in HL and pretty much all things I have done thus far is tweaking what others have already done so I am clueless as to the feasibility of this request.

EDIT: To clarify I know spell selection at this point shows spells of all levels but they are at least sorted by level to make selection easier. Psionics being all level one are all grouped together with no easy distinction between greater and lesser powers without clicking on and reading the write for each power.

Last edited by Hansmo; September 26th, 2016 at 04:15 AM.
Hansmo is offline   #50 Reply With Quote