Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

bodrin

Old October 15th, 2015, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saladdin View Post
Everyone with XP, as it seems...
See here
Apparently so yes, I read about it after posting this, and submitting 5 bug reports.

Oh well, a decision to upgrade or ditch Windows completely.

Dormio Forte Somnio

Community Created Resources :
Data Package Repositories :
d20pfsrd
Custom Character Sheets
Community Server Setup (Packs)

Hero Lab Help- Video Tutorials and Pathfinder FAQ

Created by the community for the community
bodrin is offline   #51 Reply With Quote
Gord

Old October 15th, 2015, 04:32 PM
I don't think why I am crashing is caused by XP or Windows 7 since I am using Windows 10. Could be a different bug though.
Gord is offline   #52 Reply With Quote
eponette

Old October 16th, 2015, 08:26 AM
Do we have an idea when a bug correcting version will be published? My RW crashes all the time and it is not easy to prepare my sunday session with this.

Just asking, not complaining
eponette is offline   #53 Reply With Quote
Chemlak

Old October 16th, 2015, 08:35 AM
No definitive answer at this time. We know they want to nail all of the bugs that have hit since 202 went live (heh, it just occurred to me that build 202 is sort of half of 404, no wonder there were problems...), and indications are that good progress is being made, so we might see an update soon, but I wouldn't bet on it (close to weekend releases are bad, but this is in the nature of an emergency, so normal release protocols might not apply).

Assume no RW this weekend, but if the fixes are available consider it a bonus.

Chief Calendar Champion Chemlak

Join the unofficial Realm Works IRC channel! Join #realm-works
Chemlak is offline   #54 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 16th, 2015, 11:17 AM
We're doing everything we can to get a bug fix release out today so that those who are stuck will be operational again by the weekend.

I'd say the odds of a release today are high, but in the immortal words of Curly: "Day ain't over yet."
rob is offline   #55 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 16th, 2015, 07:16 PM
FYI, the update Rob referred to is now available. Check this post for more info: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=54087
liz is offline   #56 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old October 16th, 2015, 07:57 PM
I notice the update instructions for recovering the corrupted data doesn't address users with installations on multiple machines.

The safest path, I think, would be delete (or re-name) the Master.REALM file on each secondary machine after the primary has been updated correctly, and after installing the new client on the secondary machine, then re-syncing the correct data down from the server to each secondary machine after updating the client there.

Second safest would be to be re-sync your secondary machines with the server after the primary is fixed and the server data corrected, expect to be warned of a conflict, and choose to keep the server version this time (the opposite of the choice of the primary machine).

Is there a better method, or other suggestion, we should keep in mind?

Last edited by Silveras; October 16th, 2015 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Adding omitted steps to avoid causing an issue
Silveras is offline   #57 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 16th, 2015, 08:51 PM
If you have multiple computers, here are the steps to follow. They are almost identical to the steps when you first applied the big upgrade.

1. Restore the backup on the computer where you FIRST did the upgrade to the earlier version. That's where the auto-created backup will reside.

2. Complete the upgrade on that computer, then sync up to the server, following the steps outlined in the release notes.

3. On all other computers, sync down the latest version from the server.

That's all there is to it. Once the first computer is restored and synced up to the server, the other computers are no different from any other time. Just grab the latest from the server, and you're good to go.
rob is offline   #58 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old October 16th, 2015, 09:12 PM
Thanks, Rob.

I am also seeing a discrepancy from what the instructions mentioned.
After restoring the backup and re-starting, there is a dialog warning that the database is out of sync with the server, and recommending syncing immediately. There is only one confirmation option, "Yes, I understand the implications".

Following that, on syncing, there is no option presented to keep either the server or the local version.. the sync just proceeds. At this point, I can't be sure whether old data was copied down from the server, or the newly converted data from the backup was synced up.

I'll add a bug report as well, but thought it best to raise it here for other users in case.
Silveras is offline   #59 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 17th, 2015, 04:15 PM
[Cross-posted from http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=54087]

Well, we screwed up. I don't know how else to say it, so there it is.

It turns out that the restore process isn't behaving the way we thought it was. And our various pre-release tests inadvertently masked the problem, so it looked like it was all working correctly.

We are working on a fix right now for the restore process. Until we get this fix out, NONE of the fixes are being retained for any realms that were upgraded to build 201/202 and sync to the server. The correct fixes are being applied, but then the old (wrong) data is being pulled down from the server and overwriting those changes for a net no improvement.

Anyone who upgraded to build 203 and restored from a build 201/202 backup will need to repeat the process again with the forthcoming build 204. Sorry for the headaches on all of this. We're working through the weekend to fix this as quickly as possible.
rob is offline   #60 Reply With Quote