Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Endtransmission

Old June 1st, 2014, 09:57 PM
Sorry, work and moving house have killed all my spare time over the last few months unforunately. I really must get back to it...

The areas that still need to be finished are:

- Getting the Sanity tracker working under all cases. I'm still working on the permanent adjustment when Dementia goe above a certain value (though this could be done manually by the GM I guess... just seems a copout)
- Magic. The whole magic thing is causing me mental logic problems trying to work around the Arcane Background limitations and the sanity functionality
- Clean up the skills to automatically adjust some of the attributes.

I've just had a look through the datafile to see what else I needed to do. I'd forgotten the Mac/Windows wobbly... something in my mac datafile was erroring on my new windows machine, so I was in the process of ripping the file apart to track down the error.

Working on: Official Achtung! Cthulhu datafiles

Last edited by Endtransmission; June 1st, 2014 at 10:52 PM.
Endtransmission is offline   #51 Reply With Quote
Col. Angus

Old June 13th, 2014, 12:57 PM
I am beginning to run an AC game soon, tonight, in fact. I'm very interested to see the product of your labor, Endtransmission.

Keep up the good work!

Oh and first post!
Col. Angus is offline   #52 Reply With Quote
Palgar

Old July 5th, 2014, 01:21 AM
How do you handle the Knowledge (Mythos)? Isn't Sanity (2 + 1/2Sprit - Mythos)?

I was implementing Knowledge Mythos as it's own skill that is updated by reading one of the books (probably using a Permanent adjustment to enforce this)

[QUOTE=Endtransmission;165987]
--snip---

So. I'm back on the A!C case and am trying to sort out the Insanity bits that aren't covered in the Realms of Cthulhu dataset before returning to the horror that is the magic. This has me scratching my head... I've sorted all the calculations and if I pump in simple numbers to the Madness trait below, it works nicely... but as soon as I try to call values from another trait it all goes a bit Pete Tong.

---snip
Palgar is offline   #53 Reply With Quote
Palgar

Old July 5th, 2014, 01:24 AM
I've been modifying/creating new files for HL so I can get AC up and running for my players in August. So far so good. We ran a short adventure back in May to try it out within Savage Worlds and all players were content. It will make nice change from 3.5e and Pathfinder.

Where should I implement Dementia? On the Basics page or on the personal page? Just wondering...
Palgar is offline   #54 Reply With Quote
dartnet
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 5th, 2014, 07:51 PM
Final phase 1000

foreach pick in hero where "thingid.skKnow"
if (compare(lowercase(eachpick.field[domDomain].text),"mythos") = 0) then
#trait[trSan] = eachpick.field[trtFinal].value - 1
endif
nexteach
dartnet is offline   #55 Reply With Quote
Endtransmission

Old June 26th, 2015, 08:30 AM
*le sigh*

Has it really been so long? dayum! Thanks to a computer loss I had to start again from scratch. This is probably a really good thing as it is looking much better this time around.

Keeper's Guide skills/edges/traits/hindrances are done
Keeper's Guide injuries are done
Investigator Guide skills/edges/traits/hindrances are done
Sanity/Dementia is done
Equipment is all done

Even the magic tomes and spells have been worked out and a test one seems to be going well. It could be better, but keeping things simple for now seems to be a good plan. There didn't seem to be too much point in adding trackers for each and every spell in every book as it would fill up the character sheet.

At the moment I'm working through the various careers/occupations with their prerequisites and then I may be ready to test it with some other people. Only 2 years on and off!

There is a slowly growing list of little things I need to tweak and polish for some of the careers or spells, but nothing horrific yet. Once careers are done, the only thing left to do would be vehicles, monsters and npcs which can all be added later, once I know the character creation works properly.

Then it is on to the various supplements, which are mostly a few new edges/hindrances and lots of equipment... so they should be pretty quick to do. The Interface Zero and Godlike crossovers could be interesting. I don't really want to have to write those data files too... at least not just yet! One world at a time...

Endtransmission is offline   #56 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old June 26th, 2015, 11:21 AM
Well, you'd probably want to wait for the official SFC data file to come out first anyway before doing any kind of IZ crossover. At least if some of the tweaks I expect might be in it are there. Very cool to hear you've made so much progress!

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #57 Reply With Quote
Endtransmission

Old June 26th, 2015, 12:29 PM
There are plenty of other books to convert before I ever need to get to the crossover books, so I think I'm safe for a while yet

Endtransmission is offline   #58 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old June 26th, 2015, 02:51 PM
I once worked on a datafile to share. It was for Agents of Oblivion and my computer was fried in October 2012.

My youngest, a little over a year old at the time, turned it on and off several times in rapid succession, killing my motherboard, RAM, possible CPU, and also C: drive (a solid state drive). I got a better computer but I have not had the time to plug in data to share.

In the meantime I can continue to come up with mods and way to make things work in HL for others to take advantage of.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #59 Reply With Quote
dartnet
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 26th, 2015, 07:00 PM
Yea!!!! Good to see the file back on track.

Zalor do you know when I can get my grubby grubby little hands on the SFC?

SeeleyOne I still have your AoO file.
dartnet is offline   #60 Reply With Quote