Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Joshua

Old February 11th, 2012, 01:09 PM
I'm working on adding some non-OGL D&D 3.5 content into HL Pathfinder via the editor so I can use it in my campaign. Now, I own the books I'm pulling it from, so I really doubt it's a legal issue for me to just use it. What I'm not sure about is whether or not I can post it online for others to download or use. Anyone have any idea whether that's allowable? Last thing I want to do is poke the sleeping beast that is WotC.
Joshua is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 11th, 2012, 10:58 PM
Well technically you'd be poking at Hasbro, they own WotC. As for the question on non-OGL... have you read the OGL pages and updates WotC posts? I can say from experience I have coded up alot of non-OGL stuff for personal use, but I've never shared the data with others.
RavenX is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Joshua

Old February 12th, 2012, 07:37 AM
I haven't sifted through anything aside from their brief text in the book itself, mainly because legal stuff like that isn't super clear to me. That's why I'm asking here, because I'd bet someone else has a better understanding.

I don't know how their copyright allowances apply to things WotC no longer supports, like 3.5 material. And I'm not sure if there's a difference between putting up something that has been modified for another system (i.e., I'm using it in Pathfinder, not in D&D) versus purely original content.
Joshua is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
dartnet
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 12th, 2012, 06:35 PM
If your coding files for your self there should be no issue.
dartnet is offline   #4 Reply With Quote