Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Yaro

Old October 7th, 2010, 09:23 AM
I'm using the latest version of Hero Lab for Pathfinder and I've noticed that I'm able to create potions using spells with range "personal", like True Strike and Shield. According to page 551 of the Core Rule Book, however: "Spells with a range of personal cannot be made into potions." Is there a bug here or am I doing something wrong? Thank you!
Yaro is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 7th, 2010, 11:54 AM
I had missed that detail - I'll get it fixed in the next update, thanks for the report.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Thazar

Old October 7th, 2010, 12:01 PM
Will you still be able to make those types of potions with an error or will the option not even present itself? I know there are many people that have a house rule that "personal" spells can be made into a potion even if the RAW rules to not allow it. Potions of Shield and the like are allowed at our table... but it is clearly a hosue rule.

If it cannot be done in the "easy" format I guess I could always make them in the editor.

Either way is fine and I get it if HL is hard wired for the core rules.
Thazar is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 7th, 2010, 12:21 PM
I'll just be modifying the error message that prevents you from making Fireball into a potion to include the Personal range in what's forbidden, so you'll still be able to house rule in potions of Shield.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Yaro

Old October 7th, 2010, 03:08 PM
Thank you, Mathias. That sounds great!
Yaro is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Yaro

Old October 10th, 2010, 04:50 PM
I saw the fix already. That was fast. Thank you, Mathias.

One more unrelated question - I find that when I print out my character I have 3 weapons on page 1 and the rest on page 2. Is there a way to designate my main weapons so that those are the ones that appear on the first page?
Yaro is offline   #6 Reply With Quote