Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Ghaz

Old April 6th, 2008, 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvendarkness
Why? Because I paid $25 specifically for the update for the vampire counts that's why... I noticed that when the new high elves came out they had it up-to-date with the newest stats for that particular army. Simply looking for someone from Lone Wolf or Army Builder or whoever to give us an update on when it might be released. Is that so much to ask for...???
Perhaps you should go back and look at what you actually paid for then. You paid for the Army Builder program. You did not pay for any datafiles. It's like compaining to Microsoft because Excel didn't come with any spreadsheets. Lone Wolf can't give you an update on when it might be released because they don't write the datafiles. Volunteers do. It's noted in the Army Builder FAQ:

Quote:
When will data files for game system XYZ be completed/updated?

Unfortunately, this is a question we simply can't answer. Data files for most game systems are written by volunteers. These volunteers work diligently to complete the data files as quickly as possible and keep them updated. We supporting the authors to the best of our ability, but the completion of data files is ultimately outside of our control.
You've gotten exactly what you paid for, so stop harassing the people at Lone Wolf for datafiles that they have nothing to do with.
Ghaz is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
AbaddonAZ

Old April 7th, 2008, 08:54 PM
Well, I downloaded the file and saved it to the "data" folder and removed the other ones. (did not delete, just moved to desktop... just in case)

Anyway, the new units are there, ie; corpse cart, Blood Knights etc. However, the points calc's aren't correct. Also, the Hero section is still messed up as far as point totals and items/wargear are concerned.

I'm sure that you're all aware of this already, just noting that I have tried the new file and what I found lacking.

Thanks for your efforts.
-J
AbaddonAZ is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
psiegel

Old April 8th, 2008, 05:28 AM
First off, huge thanks to the guys putting in their free time to getting this working. I've just started playing with the data files myself and it's hard work.

Secondly, I've solved the problem of how to make a unit appear in the Core section but not actually count as Core. Simply add the following script to the prelink section of the unit:

Quote:
var result as number
result = delete[Comp.?]
psiegel is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
AbaddonAZ

Old April 8th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Okay, I just downloaded the Newest .dat file and dropped it into the data folder. I then tried to open AB and the WH 6/7 and build a VC list and I get an error message, something about "VcAll" and "cairns" then it shuts down.

Is it me that's havign the issue? or is the file incomplete?
AbaddonAZ is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
elvendarkness

Old April 9th, 2008, 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvendarkness
Why? Because I paid $25 specifically for the update for the vampire counts that's why... I noticed that when the new high elves came out they had it up-to-date with the newest stats for that particular army. Simply looking for someone from Lone Wolf or Army Builder or whoever to give us an update on when it might be released. Is that so much to ask for...???
Perhaps you should go back and look at what you actually paid for then. You paid for the Army Builder program. You did not pay for any datafiles. It's like compaining to Microsoft because Excel didn't come with any spreadsheets. Lone Wolf can't give you an update on when it might be released because they don't write the datafiles. Volunteers do. It's noted in the Army Builder FAQ:

Compaining? Or did you mean complaining?

Quote:
When will data files for game system XYZ be completed/updated?

Unfortunately, this is a question we simply can't answer. Data files for most game systems are written by volunteers. These volunteers work diligently to complete the data files as quickly as possible and keep them updated. We supporting the authors to the best of our ability, but the completion of data files is ultimately outside of our control.
You've gotten exactly what you paid for, so stop harassing the people at Lone Wolf for datafiles that they have nothing to do with.
Thank you to the person that left the message above, very professional unlike the response I've been seeing from the person who calls himself Ghaz, talk about harassing!
elvendarkness is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
Ghaz

Old April 9th, 2008, 08:10 PM
Thank you for being such a hypocrite, harassing Lone Wolf for datafiles that they have absolutely NOTHING to do with and then ignoring and insulting those who are trying to help. No wonder the datafile authors tend to disappear, what with rude people like you who have to resort to insults when they don't get what they want when they're told they're asking the WRONG PEOPLE to begin with.
Ghaz is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
geovaz

Old April 10th, 2008, 05:47 AM
I just want to say thank you to the guys out there taking their time to make these data files! i hope its out soon with characters and all and hope u guys dont have to much trouble making it work! it looks awesome so far and thanks again!
geovaz is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
geovaz

Old April 10th, 2008, 05:49 AM
Also AbbadonAZ u have to move the old vampire counts.dat file out of the folder for u to not get that message. hope it works. goodluck
geovaz is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
robert
Volunteer Data File Author

Old April 10th, 2008, 11:28 AM
hi... i have andmikes file integrated into the main files now!!! it iwll be out in a few days... thanks andmike!!!
robert is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
psiegel

Old April 11th, 2008, 02:26 AM
Does this mean the list has been completed, or have you just integrated the semi-complete file currently available in the downloads section?
psiegel is offline   #40 Reply With Quote