Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Toblakai

Old April 24th, 2016, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
Actually, the sequence would be:
GM reveals a topic.
GM closes the realm and syncs the realm with the cloud.
GM reopens the realm and gets it back into the state before he closed it while...
Player closes the realm and syncs the realm down from the cloud.
Player opens the realm.
Player looks for the specific topic.
Seriously? It doesn't sync the reveals while playing a game? Realm works value just seriously went down.

Is this possibly a feature that will be added soon?
Toblakai is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
adzling

Old April 25th, 2016, 06:43 AM
It does seriously hamper it's utility, agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toblakai View Post
Seriously? It doesn't sync the reveals while playing a game? Realm works value just seriously went down.

Is this possibly a feature that will be added soon?
adzling is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old April 25th, 2016, 10:35 AM
Quote:
The intention is for the GM to use RW during the game, while all the players sit around the table and interact with each other (not spend their time staring at a screen).

Between sessions the players can recall what has happened in the campaign so far using their player edition of RW that syncs the revealed content from the GM's realm.
Farling is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old April 25th, 2016, 06:09 PM
Quote:
The intention is for the GM to use RW during the game, while all the players sit around the table and interact with each other (not spend their time staring at a screen).

Between sessions the players can recall what has happened in the campaign so far using their player edition of RW that syncs the revealed content from the GM's realm.
That may be the way some people will use it, but it wasn't really the way I was expecting it to work. In this modern day of the interwebs I had just assumed the content was would be synced automatically as things were revealed. Wasn't really expecting a pre-1999 method of updating.

I will still use it as you describe and still use my TV when playing at my house, and I guess turn the laptop around when not at my place. Maybe realm works should sell some sort of swivel stand to put your laptop on :P
Toblakai is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old April 25th, 2016, 11:47 PM
Quote:
I will still use it as you describe and still use my TV when playing at my house, and I guess turn the laptop around when not at my place. Maybe realm works should sell some sort of swivel stand to put your laptop on :P
You can get cheap second monitors which are powered by the USB port and also plug into the video port on your laptop. I use one of those when GMing.
Farling is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old April 26th, 2016, 07:08 AM
Quote:
You can get cheap second monitors which are powered by the USB port and also plug into the video port on your laptop. I use one of those when GMing.
Monitor's is not an issue, I have a half a dozen monitors in my closet. It's a place to put them that would be the issue. My place, using my TV and a wireless HDMI adapater works great. The 2 friends houses I play at do not have anywhere to put a monitor (small room, small table) laptops take up all the space, would be nice to use the laptops for this.
Toblakai is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old April 26th, 2016, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Monitor's is not an issue, I have a half a dozen monitors in my closet. It's a place to put them that would be the issue. My place, using my TV and a wireless HDMI adapater works great. The 2 friends houses I play at do not have anywhere to put a monitor (small room, small table) laptops take up all the space, would be nice to use the laptops for this.
The plug-in panel is really just a panel - it can be propped up against the back of your laptop screen (mine has a fitting where it can literally be fitted onto the back of a laptop if you really wanted that as an option). There are makes available that don't come with a a big awkward stand.
Farling is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old April 26th, 2016, 03:26 PM
Quote:
The plug-in panel is really just a panel - it can be propped up against the back of your laptop screen (mine has a fitting where it can literally be fitted onto the back of a laptop if you really wanted that as an option). There are makes available that don't come with a a big awkward stand.
Would you mind giving me a link to one? I may be searching for the wrong thing, can't find one.
Toblakai is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
ruhar

Old May 10th, 2016, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Quote:
The 2 friends houses I play at do not have anywhere to put a monitor (small room, small table) laptops take up all the space, would be nice to use the laptops for this.
I GM at a friends house in a small room. They have a small flat screen monitor that I use that doesn't take a lot of space. I place it in front of my laptop to conserve space.

Another option is to get a small projector to hook to your computer, but you would need a blank wall to project on.
ruhar is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
ThatOneMike

Old April 26th, 2016, 07:54 AM
Quote:
That may be the way some people will use it, but it wasn't really the way I was expecting it to work. In this modern day of the interwebs I had just assumed the content was would be synced automatically as things were revealed. Wasn't really expecting a pre-1999 method of updating.

Realm Works is not a web app (yet). It's an offline database that you can share with other users.
ThatOneMike is offline   #10 Reply With Quote