Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ich.pdf

Old April 8th, 2016, 08:30 AM
I wanted to ask before I report something that is indeed correct... Maybe I am not up to speed with errata:

Hero Lab is giving me 3d6 for astral initiative, although according to the german core rulebook it should be 2d6. Did I miss something?
ich.pdf is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 8th, 2016, 08:34 AM
You haven't given enough information - you haven't said whether this is a astrally perceiving adept, or a magician who's projecting, or a spirit, or anything about the qualities and other effects your character has available.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ich.pdf

Old April 8th, 2016, 09:09 AM
I'm sorry. I did not clarify because it is the "standard setting":

I tried it with two different characters, both are projecting magicians. One is a grunt and has no qualities or effects that have influence on initiative. The other one is a PC but as well has no interfering qualities/skills etc.

I would submit portfolios but wanted to be sure that this behaviour is not according to the rules before I produce a bug ticket..

By the way: Perceiving characters just have their physical initiative, don't they?
ich.pdf is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Valentet

Old April 8th, 2016, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ich.pdf View Post
I wanted to ask before I report something that is indeed correct... Maybe I am not up to speed with errata:

Hero Lab is giving me 3d6 for astral initiative, although according to the german core rulebook it should be 2d6. Did I miss something?
This raises an interesting point; doesn't HeroLab only apply the English language rules from Catalyst? Wouldn't using the German language rules from Pegasus require a totally separate licencing agreement?
Valentet is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ich.pdf

Old April 10th, 2016, 10:43 AM
In the first place, it would be interesting to know if there is any rule divergence at all. As far as I know, Pegasus may not change the rule mechanisms. The german versions of SR Books are often considered to be "the first errata", though, because incosistent and/or ambigious rule text is often spotted during the process of translation.

The only thing that would be subject to another licence is the german rule text, I guess.

In the end it is pointless to discuss because it solely depends what the agreements between catalyst, pegasus, lone wolf etc state.. :-)

Back to topic: The current english rules give 3d6 ini dice to an astrally projecting mage? Or 2d6?
ich.pdf is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowWalker

Old April 10th, 2016, 02:00 PM
The English rules page 101 has astral initiative as (Intuition x 2) + 2d6
ShadowWalker is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 10th, 2016, 04:04 PM
Yes, it's a bug - looks like something to do with setting a minimum at the wrong time. I don't remember seeing this last time I looked at astral stuff so I must have messed something else up with a recent change.

Last edited by Mathias; April 10th, 2016 at 04:09 PM.
Mathias is offline   #7 Reply With Quote