Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

UgrogDeOrrible

Old January 29th, 2007, 02:31 PM
sorry for multiple messages (it's late ),... I used an update from 17-Jan-2007 (the one You have fixed and uploaded), I just fixed bugs mentioned above without choppa description.
UgrogDeOrrible is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Obfuscate

Old January 29th, 2007, 03:54 PM
Nice work!

One thing.. Does a Boar mount have the Tusker Charge rule included?
Obfuscate is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
apollo0681

Old January 29th, 2007, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UgrogDeOrrible
correct me if I am wrong but prices of common magic items can easily be changed in genericstuff.dat without making additional files. I did just that and it works for me.
yeah i did the same first of all but apprently not everyone has these new prices yet. only orcs and empire get these new special low prices
apollo0681 is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Ghaz

Old January 29th, 2007, 10:45 PM
Quote:
correct me if I am wrong but prices of common magic items can easily be changed in genericstuff.dat without making additional files. I did just that and it works for me.
Except now you've changed the prices for all of the armies, not just the army that needed it.
Ghaz is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
UgrogDeOrrible

Old January 30th, 2007, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaz
Quote:
Except now you've changed the prices for all of the armies, not just the army that needed it.
Because it seems that common magic items will have their prices lowered for all armies.

When O&G AB hit the shelves I thought that prices are lower just for them only because orcs have choppa, which is superior to hand weapon, as a default. And because O&G magic items (especially weapons) make the common ones very overpriced.

Now we have new Empire AB and common magic items have the same cost as in O&G AB, even though Empire doesn't have choppa, nor any other mundane weapon instead of and better then hand weapon.

It's just my intuition :P. Which, I think, has sense when You count the times when You or your opponent have used those common items, with the exception of all too good to miss Enchanted Shield, War Banner and ever present Dispel Scroll Actually, in 6th edition there was no point to even print those items as they were used very rarely, I dare to say never (with the exception of those mentioned above), mostly due to their high cost, or at least much to high when compared to army exclusive items.

Of course I may be wrong, and some armies may have common magic items priced differently (High Elves for sure), the time will tell.

---------------------------------------------------------

The Boar mount have Tusker Charge inc. though it is not named as a Tusker Charge, just "+2 Strength when charging"
UgrogDeOrrible is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Ghaz

Old January 30th, 2007, 09:57 PM
Quote:
Because it seems that common magic items will have their prices lowered for all armies.
Except you're making an assumption that you can not support. Plus the prices won't change until the new army books are released. What are people supposed to do until then? Use files that are wrong?
Ghaz is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
UgrogDeOrrible

Old January 31st, 2007, 09:12 AM
As I said, I changed prices of common magic items in MY genericstuff.dat file, not in uploaded O&G.dat (because it doesn't contains any common) and I just ASKED if there is a point in making additional dat files with common magic items for every army.

And I asked this question because there is a chance that someone may have some latest news about prices of common magic items, if they stay for some armies or will be lowered for all like in O&G or Empire AB.

Your not quite friendly tone of replying is unnecessary, nor it brings anything relevant to the topic, which is 7th ed. O&G army book in ABuilder.
UgrogDeOrrible is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Ghaz

Old January 31st, 2007, 09:23 PM
You're tone isn't very friendly either, thank you. You asked a question, got an honest and truthful answer and started making excuses. Changing the genericstuff.dat will make all of the armies that do not have updated army books have incorrect costs for those items. Making assumptions that they might change the costs when they update the army books isn't relevant to the topic either. Perhaps you should leave the moderating to the moderators.
Ghaz is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
UgrogDeOrrible

Old February 2nd, 2007, 02:30 PM
I got the honest answer, from apollo0681 at Jan 30, 2007 - 01:20, yours was posted over 6 hours later and that makes it a bit unnecessary. I don't like when someone repeats himself or after others, again and again and again. If you want to post spam better don't post anything.

Not excuses. I thought that you missed my point and I just wanted to make myself clear.

You are a bit ridiculous: excuses, assumptions, etc. Beware of the Spanish Inquisition!!!! :P These are only common magic item prices, chill down and check your blood pressure.

And I am perfectly aware that changing prices in genericstuff.dat will change them for all armies. I changed it to test if this works and asked if someone did the same. I would never upload this file as I know it is not correct, at least not now. Maybe when next AB is printed, The Mighty Gav will put official info on GW website.

I never said that prices will be changed for all, not assumed, I just wondered about it and asked for good and proven info. Is that a crime?

Can we finish this topic and get to the point of fixing O&G data file?
UgrogDeOrrible is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Ghaz

Old February 4th, 2007, 09:37 AM
Quote:
I got the honest answer, from apollo0681 at Jan 30, 2007 - 01:20, yours was posted over 6 hours later and that makes it a bit unnecessary. I don't like when someone repeats himself or after others, again and again and again. If you want to post spam better don't post anything.

Not excuses. I thought that you missed my point and I just wanted to make myself clear.

You are a bit ridiculous: excuses, assumptions, etc. Beware of the Spanish Inquisition!!!! :P These are only common magic item prices, chill down and check your blood pressure.

And I am perfectly aware that changing prices in genericstuff.dat will change them for all armies. I changed it to test if this works and asked if someone did the same. I would never upload this file as I know it is not correct, at least not now. Maybe when next AB is printed, The Mighty Gav will put official info on GW website.

I never said that prices will be changed for all, not assumed, I just wondered about it and asked for good and proven info. Is that a crime?

Can we finish this topic and get to the point of fixing O&G data file?
Cry me a river. You got your answer and all you've done is complain about it. It doesn't matter if GW does or does not change the point costs. By changing the file, you invalidate over half of the armies with wrong points costs. The only person who needs to chill here is you. It doesn't matter if it will be correct in the future, people need it to be correct now as well.
Ghaz is offline   #20 Reply With Quote