Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

nuku

Old July 27th, 2015, 10:04 AM
How would you adjust the karma cost of things? Any hints would be appreciated and go a long way to making my life easier.

Thanks in advance!
nuku is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 27th, 2015, 10:12 AM
On the Personal tab, in the Permanent Adjustments table, choose the "Advancement Karma Cost" adjustment, and you can use that to select one of your advancements and change its cost.
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
nuku

Old July 27th, 2015, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
On the Personal tab, in the Permanent Adjustments table, choose the "Advancement Karma Cost" adjustment, and you can use that to select one of your advancements and change its cost.
Oh, very nice! This can work! Thank you.

Is there a way to make a general adjustment to all karma buys of a certain type? I'm open to making a mod file if I get a clue where to start.
nuku is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 27th, 2015, 11:32 AM
You're being vague about what you want to change the cost of - could you please be more specific about what you're trying to implement?
Mathias is online now   #4 Reply With Quote
nuku

Old July 27th, 2015, 11:45 AM
Quote:
You're being vague about what you want to change the cost of - could you please be more specific about what you're trying to implement?
Alright, for example, skills. We're using a flat rate build point cost for the karma cost for skills, so it'd be 2 per point, period.

Being able to adjust each purchase DOES work(Thank you!) but being able to code adjustments that'd take all the kp costs and tweak them would be lovely, I just need to know where to start.
nuku is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 27th, 2015, 12:21 PM
In the Develop menu, make sure "Enable Data File Debugging" is turned on. Then, at the bottom of the develop menu, choose floating info windows...show selection fields. In that list, use the search terms "mechBP" and mechKa", and then select the version of those that aren't labeled "Fin" (which are the final versions - you want to modify the initial version instead).

Among all those field values, you'll find where most of the karma costs are stored. You'll be writing scripts to change them, and you'll want to make your changes before Initialize/15000 (so Initialize/10000 is probably a good time to make them).

I'm afraid I'm leaving for Gen Con tomorrow, so I won't have time to give you a more detailed how to until I get back, so I'm sorry about that.
Mathias is online now   #6 Reply With Quote
nuku

Old July 27th, 2015, 12:24 PM
Quote:
In the Develop menu, make sure "Enable Data File Debugging" is turned on. Then, at the bottom of the develop menu, choose floating info windows...show selection fields. In that list, use the search terms "mechBP" and mechKa", and then select the version of those that aren't labeled "Fin" (which are the final versions - you want to modify the initial version instead).

Among all those field values, you'll find where most of the karma costs are stored. You'll be writing scripts to change them, and you'll want to make your changes before Initialize/15000 (so Initialize/10000 is probably a good time to make them).

I'm afraid I'm leaving for Gen Con tomorrow, so I won't have time to give you a more detailed how to until I get back, so I'm sorry about that.
This is exactly the kind of info I was looking for! You are a saint! Now let's have a look in here, and figure out how to turn this into a .user file...
nuku is offline   #7 Reply With Quote