Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Umarian

Old January 30th, 2013, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikmal View Post
The community version is not all out yet either. Not even close to being done. So I am all for the community getting it done but I would like it better if I can get it sooner rather then later though.
What part are you thinking that is missing? As far as I know, the only ones that he did not completed are the ones that cannot be accomplished in HL at this point in time because it is not supported. (Templates removing subtypes)

Other than that, I think Frumple's files do what they need to. I haven't gone through every creature, but the ones I have seen are fine.
Umarian is offline   #61 Reply With Quote
Skeeter Green

Old January 30th, 2013, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theocrat View Post
What would be the benefit of having both Tome of Horrors for PF installed? The community version would be free and the official one will have a particular cost associated with it. With all the money already plunked down in HL I'm not opposed to doing so for an official ToH version, but what would be the benefit of having it?
I do know that the a la carte monsters (mongrelman in particular) allow you to pick and choose their respective "monster pieces" and have the bonuses calculated based on what you choose; I don't know if the community version does that or not.

We have the official book art in the paid version.

We duplicated the book, and have an errata document in prep to detail where the math didn't quite work out.

The paid version is updated and maintained to work with new versions of HL, by contract.

Answers to questions re: the file will be addressed (or at least a message stating we're looking into it) within 2 days, by contract.

I'm not in any way stating that anyone should get rid of their copy of the community file; we're very happy someone thought enough of the book to go to the effort. We're just releasing an Official File. If the community file fills your needs, by all means, please keep working with it. we're just providing the option.

Skeeter Green

And thank you everyone for your patience, we're going to try and be a little better on our end about teasing future releases. This one took a little more time than I/we thought.
Skeeter Green is offline   #62 Reply With Quote
Skeeter Green

Old January 30th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
I can confirm from actually testing that these two play together just fine. You can have both installed in the same game folder without issues.
Shadow has been a great help to the Frogs in us trying to get more stable in our releases, and in future products we can offer.

Several other members of the community have been extremely generous in their time and support as well, and I want to make sure they all know we appreciate their efforts. This is an EXCELLENT community and resource, and we are very happy to be a small part of it.

Skeeter Green
Skeeter Green is offline   #63 Reply With Quote
frumple

Old January 30th, 2013, 08:21 PM
Hi author of the community version here.

I didn't include monsters that have been done by Paizo in their products (to avoid duplication [btw, the Mongrelman is included in this since it is in Bestiary 2]). I also didn't include unique monsters (such as Lucifer, the Animal Lords, etc.), monsters with class levels or psionic creatures (when there was on option for it, I included the arcane version of those). The only other monster that I didn't include was the Slaughterford because flurry of blows does not work with natural attacks at this time.

As for templates, again I didn't include ones that are in Paizo products. As well as the following:
Abomination - to complex for HL to handle at this time. User better off creating unique monster for this at this time.
Amphisbaena Creature - the removal of hind-quarters attacks I am still trying to figure out how to implement.
Clockwork Creature - needs to remove subtypes
Collective Creature - need to remove swarm subtype
Foo Creature - Paizo has done this
Ravenous/Eater of Flesh - has custom list of feats to choose from. Need to figure out how to implement.
Zombie, Juju - Paizo has done this
Zombie, Slime - removes subtypes
Zombie, Yellow Musk - Paizo has done this

I also have not done the N'gathau because I needed a break from TOH.

However, I did include all the animals, spells, feats, equipment, and poisons in the book. I also came up with a new way to do poisons so that you can use the Improved Poison Feat with them.

Altogether it took me about 3-4 months to do all of this.

Last edited by frumple; January 30th, 2013 at 08:26 PM.
frumple is offline   #64 Reply With Quote
Umarian

Old January 31st, 2013, 07:10 AM
I helped with some of the editing for the FGG ToHC, so I will reference a couple things, and hope that I don't anger the Frog Gods. I got involved late and didn't have the chance to look at every piece, but was definately not disappointed with what I saw. (Sorry, I was part of the delay since I got involved late and wanted to look over as much as I could and make a few tweaks.)

When last I saw the file, I think the only part that was missing was that the player race version of the monsters had not been implemented. (I have not seen the final release version yet so not sure if they were added after I sent my responses back.)

Since Frumple referenced the CatLord, I can assure you that the FGG version has the Catlord and Mouselord in them since I did those to work like the Lycan races. You will have the option to select human or animal form for them and have things adjust for you.

The Slime Zombie and Clockwork template are included so the GM can use, but as Frumple and LW have said, not all of the features are implemented because HL can't do them at this point. It will show that the previous sub-type was removed, and the new one applied, but that is just a display for easy reference for the GM. It really doesn't do anything else, and the previous sub-type abilities will still be on the character and the new sub-type abilities will not be. (I would highly recommend not putting them on your character if they do not apply to your character. They are for GM reference and will change things on your character that you won't be able to change back if you remove the template.)

The coders that worked on the FGG file did a great job with it and were able to get everything else in from what I saw. I do give them Kudos for the work they did in the amount of time they did it in. It was impressive!

After I get the release version of ToHC, and finish with my portion of the RC files for them, I will most likely try to crank out the player races for their next update if they were not able to add them in time.
Umarian is offline   #65 Reply With Quote
BoomerET

Send a message via ICQ to BoomerET Send a message via Yahoo to BoomerET Send a message via Skype™ to BoomerET

Old January 31st, 2013, 10:54 AM
After loading ToHC, I'm getting the following errors from the official Rappan Athuk files:

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

File: FrogGodGames_Sources.1st (line 4) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('pFrogGod')
File: FrogGodGames_Sources.1st (line 12) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('pFGGMonst')
File: FrogGodGames_Sources.1st (line 21) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('pFGGModul')
File: FrogGodGames_Sources.1st (line 30) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('bRappAthu')
File: FrogGodGames_Sources.1st (line 37) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('bTomeHorr')

BoomerET
BoomerET is offline   #66 Reply With Quote
Umarian

Old January 31st, 2013, 11:07 AM
Without having the download for the release, I can't say for certain, but I think what is happening is that the .1st file they used for RA release and the one they released for ToHC are not playing nice together.
Umarian is offline   #67 Reply With Quote
Skeeter Green

Old January 31st, 2013, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerET View Post
After loading ToHC, I'm getting the following errors from the official Rappan Athuk files:

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

File: FrogGodGames_Sources.1st (line 4) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('pFrogGod')
File: FrogGodGames_Sources.1st (line 12) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('pFGGMonst')
File: FrogGodGames_Sources.1st (line 21) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('pFGGModul')
File: FrogGodGames_Sources.1st (line 30) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('bRappAthu')
File: FrogGodGames_Sources.1st (line 37) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('bTomeHorr')

BoomerET
We're aware of this and working to fix.

Skeeter Green
Skeeter Green is offline   #68 Reply With Quote
BoomerET

Send a message via ICQ to BoomerET Send a message via Yahoo to BoomerET Send a message via Skype™ to BoomerET

Old January 31st, 2013, 11:56 AM
Thanks, you can tell Bill to ignore my email

BoomerET
BoomerET is offline   #69 Reply With Quote
Skeeter Green

Old January 31st, 2013, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerET View Post
Thanks, you can tell Bill to ignore my email

BoomerET
No worries.

The Deep Cave Frogs ( I keep the harder working frogs in a cave, so they don't understand what light is anymore; keeps them docile) have found the issue, and while it's a simple fix, it's time consuming, so it'll be a bit before we get the fix out, but it is on its way.

Skeeter Green
Frog God Games
Skeeter Green is offline   #70 Reply With Quote