Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

daplunk

Old March 16th, 2017, 02:09 PM
So just for some healthy discussion.

Now that you have seen it in action does the role the Sources (GM Synopsis, Player Synopsis, Various Images) articles make sense?

I know there was some discussion about this when people started seeing these in home-made exports. But now that you have seen a few proper examples what's your feedback on the role they play within the content?

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old March 16th, 2017, 02:19 PM
I understand the need for an entry point to content. I understand that some content will need a player synopsis as well but I'm highly skeptical of needing both a story source and a GM synopsis for most content.

It seems to me that one or the other will be redundant or they will basically be identical except in cases where entire AP's are published together.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old March 16th, 2017, 02:40 PM
The first thing that jumped out at me is how much of the GM Synopsis is duplicated (effectively, if not exactly) in the three example products; section 2 is the important part. Some of this may be an artifact of example content, but if it's going to be typical I think most GMs will skim section 2 once and ignore the synopsis Topic afterwards. That might be enough, though. (It's hard to say at this point.)

I think it'll be easy to forget to come back to the Player Synopsis and reveal the Topic and links.

The Various Images in the free items are almost completely empty of useful content; cover art, ads, and one handout in We Be Goblins. For contrast, I put the cover art in my custom Module (a Topic category that would serve for a Source for a single adventure) and Product Info (an Article category that could be the Source for the official books) categories in my Paranoia realms. I don't want ads, and would give handouts a more specific place to live (and if the handout is mostly text, hopefully with the text in a Snippet.)

Last edited by Parody; March 16th, 2017 at 02:47 PM.
Parody is offline   #3 Reply With Quote