View Single Post
daplunk

Old January 28th, 2017, 02:05 PM
Welcome to the community

Just tested the user manual. The links work find on my end. They open up PDF document externally so perhaps make sure you have Adobe Reader or something similar.

Quote:
1) How do I show the revealed snippets to the players? I know I'll dual-screen, just need help finding the revealed snippet list and properly bringing it up. (not using players licenses - we're playing at a table with a projector)
If you are not using the player version then you don't really need to worry about the revealed snippets in the way you are thinking. Basically the way it works is you, as the GM, click the 'Show In Player View' option. There is a setting you can turn on to Auto-Reveal the snippets when showing in player view. Do this to save yourself time.

Manage Tab > Preferences > Player View > Tick (Auto Reveal When Showing In Player View)

You control what the players see via the control tab that will appear on your screen. This is not interactive to the players BTW. Think of this like a GM bill-board where you can advertise what ever you like and the players can view it.

Quote:
2) How do I show a consolidated list of all snippets revealed? Sort of like, "Here's what you know so far." Or is that the same thing as #1?
It sounds like you would benefit from using the Player Versions to be honest. But to do this with just your copy you click the 'Enter Player Mode' button. This will make RW display the information that only the players can see.

Quote:
3) Can I print the list of revealed snippets? I'd like for them to keep it as part of a physical journal/map/log thing.
No but yes... Realm Works does not natively support printing. EightBitz (an amazing member of our humble community) does support printing though and he is hard at work creating a script that allows us to export our content, turn it into HTML and print it. It's coming along very nicely and incredibly quickly.

Quote:
4) Can I export the revealed snippets to, say Google Drive, to make it available out-of-game? Would that also bring any files attached like a map graphic?
You really want to play with EightBitz script for this. It does support images so maps should come over.

Honestly, check out the player licenses. They aren't that expensive. It sounds like you want to use the tool the way they designed the player version to work.

Of course you can always watch this and then join in the queue of people hanging web access functionality.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #2 Reply With Quote