View Single Post
daplunk

Old July 7th, 2023, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexin View Post
I agree they've taken most of the customers away, but I don't think that Obsidian (which is what I've taken to using) is anywhere near as good as RW. You have to hammer it into being a decent tool for GMs with additions.
Obsidian is better IMHO... much much better imho. It's much faster and vastly more flexible. The amount of time and effort I put into getting content into Realm Works... it was literally years... I have doubled that level of data entry in Obsidian in less than a year.

Looking back... I was constantly using Realm Works to try and get it to a point where I was ready to use Realm Works.

Where now in Obsidian I spend most of my time with absolutely no consideration for the data entry. It's done so I can focus on session prep.

If Realm Works bounced back with active development and active community engagement... I would be very unlikely to return.

There is a trick to Obsidian though... you need to control how deep you go down the rabbit hole. I have gone very deep (the nature of the making videos means I am always exploring new functionality) but I don't actually use most of it in my personal vault.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #33 Reply With Quote