Thread: Competitors
View Single Post
daplunk

Old November 11th, 2023, 02:56 PM
Already left years ago for the greener pastures provided by Obsidian.md. Don't see anything that jumps out as being fresh or new that Obsidian can't already do. I have a lot less concerns of dev time stopping given the userbase is significantly larger than anything the TTRPG market will ever attract.

The Amsal ui doesn't look appealing and while the concept of the decision tree looks cool on paper, I just can't see it working at my table. Means you would basically need to code those decision trees in before a game for it to be useful and that voids the point of playing a ttrpg in the first place as they are meant to be collaborative stories.

What they aren't saying is how will you get data into the tool. For me that's the most important question. Monsters, spells, items, etc. They are the building blocks of a campaign, how efficient is it to get all of that content into the tool?

Takes me 30minutes in Obsidian lol.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #2 Reply With Quote