View Single Post
daplunk

Old July 26th, 2018, 09:22 PM
Ok this monster keeps presenting learning opportunities. I needed to add this:

Quote:
Legendary Resistance (3/Day). If Zariel fails a saving throw, she can choose to succeed instead.
Instead of re-creating Legendary Resistance as I know it has already been made multiple times I simply bootstrapped it to my monster.

1. Monster > Racial Special Abilities > Click to add another bootstrap > Search for Legendary Resistance > There are 18 to pick from! > I went from the one that sounded like it was the first one made. raLegResis > The lack of the 5C or any other identifier in the name tells me this was likely made by LWD so I picked this one.
2. I then click OK and OK and Test Now to save my changes and load the monster in HLC.
3. When loaded I noticed that Legendary Resistance was added and the description matched my needs but it could only be used 1/day. I needed it to be used 3/day.
4. Right click on the Legendary Resistance in the Specials column in HLC and click Show Debug Fields for Legendary Resistance (1/day).
5. Search through the list for something that has a value of 1.
6. I found abUserVal = 1 and noted down that name.
7. Back in the Editor I clicked on Racial Special Abilities and located Legendary Resistance in the list. I clicked on Fields.
8. I clicked to add another field and set the following:
Field Id: abUserVale | Value: 3 | Assign
9. I clicked OK > OK > Test Now and confirmed the change was successful in HLC.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #16 Reply With Quote