View Single Post
daplunk

Old July 26th, 2018, 08:33 PM
As a bit of a more advanced lesson.

I just needed to add the following ability. It is considered a Natural Attack within Hero Lab.

Quote:
Spit Rock. Ranged Weapon Attack: +17 to hit, range 120/240 ft., one target. Hit: 31 (6d8+10) bludgeoning damage.
So i added the Natural Attack using the same process I mention above. I used 'wOtherRng' at the Natural Attack thing that I bootstrap to my monster. When I loaded this up in Hero Lab though it had a range of 0ft. I needed it to show the 120/240ft.

The Reach option within the wOtherRng config did not work. So I needed to find out what field to modify on this bootstrapped item in order to modify it. This is how I did that.

1. From within HLC make sure Data File Debugging is enabled. You do this from HLC > Develop > Enable Data File Debugging.
2. This enables the ability to right click on elements within Hero Lab and obtain more information.
3. Right click on the Spit Rock ability that I made.
4. Click Show Debug Fields for Spit Rock (Zaratan)
4. This lists all the field options that can be set for the Spit Rock thing that is bootstrapped to my Zaratan.
5. Search for Range
6. Locate the Fields for what you want to modify. In my case I need to set the Normal and Long Range for this ability so I was looking for wRangeLong and wRangeNorm.

7. Back within the Editor go monster (Race > Race > Locate monster in list
8. Select Natural Attacks and click the Fields button on the natural attack that you want to modify. For me that was the Spit Rock attack.
9. Add 2x fields.
10. For the first one - Field Id: wRangeLong | Value: 240 | Assign
11. For the second one - Field Id: wRangeNorm | Value: 120 | Assign

12. Click ok and then ok and then click Test Now to confirm your changes and review them in HLC to confirm they worked.

You can do all sorts of cool stuff with this knowledge.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials

Last edited by daplunk; July 26th, 2018 at 08:36 PM.
daplunk is online now   #14 Reply With Quote